Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

    His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.
    And, if he chooses, as he says he does, to forego sitting in a ballroom and getting your picture snapped a gazillion times and satisfying the needs of the draftniks, then why should you question it?

    I think it takes serious balls to say, "You know what?
    I can't control who drafts me, and I'm not really interested in the BS.
    I'd rather go fishing."

    Rather refreshing, IMHO.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

    His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.
    And, if he chooses, as he says he does, to forego sitting in a ballroom and getting your picture snapped a gazillion times and satisfying the needs of the draftniks, then why should you question it?

    I think it takes serious balls to say, "You know what?
    I can't control who drafts me, and I'm not really interested in the BS.
    I'd rather go fishing."

    Rather refreshing, IMHO.

    =Z=
    Very good point indeed.

    One thought about this might also be an analogy to people he graduate high school and/or college.
    I know for MANY of those folks....they really dont care about the graduation ceremony and are really going through with it because it was important for their parents....
    I BELIEVE most are thankful later on in life that they did go...regardless of the reason why at the time.

    Ok...one more last thought....
    I would rather have him sitting on a lake, fishing with his dad....then showing up to the draft like that pu$$y Eli Manning, demanding a trade before he was ever picked.
    I hope Eli NEVER has an opportunity to play in a Superbowl.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  3. #13
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    Good for Thomas!
    He is doing what he values most...and isn't hurting anyone...except for the money-grubbers who want to make money off of his appearance on Draft Day!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

    His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.
    Thomas wants to spend the day with his father, something he has done for some time now, and his father is accepting of that. Your right what a jerk(sarcasm)....Just because he isnt caught up in all the hoopla of the draft doesnt make his decision a bad one. And theres a good chance that Thomas' father told him to do what he wanted and Thomas, being an adult, made his own decision.
    For some people family is very important, his NFL will come and go, but his family will always be there.

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    I absolutely respect his decision, just as I respect the decision of the players who chose to go to New York.
    I think the media is simply making a bigger deal out of than needed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

    His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.
    Thomas wants to spend the day with his father, something he has done for some time now, and his father is accepting of that. Your right what a jerk(sarcasm)....Just because he isnt caught up in all the hoopla of the draft doesnt make his decision a bad one. And theres a good chance that Thomas' father told him to do what he wanted and Thomas, being an adult, made his own decision.
    For some people family is very important, his NFL will come and go, but his family will always be there.
    I, like you, and everyone else that has chimed in on this thread, are of course making our own conclusions of the entire story.
    We really dont know the reasons for this choice.
    I guess I have no REAL reason to call his father selfish....no more then you know "there was a good chance that Thomas' father told him to do what he wanted".....

    It is actually somewhat of a silly thread about nothing.
    Truly, if it is as simple as a choice of family over festivity....BRAVO.
    I guess my "vision" of what might have gone down on this decision was a selfish family member guilting a young man on a day that most every one of us on this board would trade their left nut to be a part of!


    Because I grew up as a skronny kid with limited athletic skills (into a larda$$ grownup)...I would never know the feeling of becoming a professional athlete....I cannot imagine anything being so exciting as a young man.
    Im sure the fishing is great....but you know what.....Sunday would have been a nice day to go fishing too!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  7. #17
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    hes the best offensive lineman in the league by far..he cares about spending time with his dad..why is this even being discussed? hes going top 5 regardless..IF he does drop, then we will gladly take him

    it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever why on earth the creator of this thread is asking us whether or not the guy is an idiot..since when did spending time with your father make you an idiot?

    lawrence maroney was playing pick up bball at his old high school back in st louis when the patriots drafted him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  8. #18
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I absolutely respect his decision, just as I respect the decision of the players who chose to go to New York.
    I think the media is simply making a bigger deal out of than needed.
    I completely agree. This is just a story that has been blown up because it's a slow news time, and the NFL isn't used to people saying "No" to them. Put these 2 things together and you get the beat-writers making something out of nothing.

    And really, who would wanna be in the draft room on draft day? Having cameras up your jiggly butt the moment you step off the plane, having to force smiles and enthusiasm for days straight.. And sitting in the most nerve-wracking environment of your life while wondering if you're gonna do an Aaron Rodgers (yup, that's become a verb now). I'd be more than happy to spend the time somewhere far away and be told about it by a friend or family member instead of the Commish.

  9. #19
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

    He is from Wisconsin, so ill go with idiot


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Everyone is an idiot.
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
  2. Nice hit. Nice block.
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
  3. Who wants to be AN IDIOT???
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 11:02 PM
  4. What an idiot!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
  5. Am I an Idiot!
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 12:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •