Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10133443

Which do you think?

While it is true he is missing a once in a lifetime opporunity to go and see all those sites with those people, he is also showing where his priorities are.

I think it's cool of him to keep the fishing trip tradition with his dad alive. Shows what kind of a loyal person he is. That should impress the teams more than people think.

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Joe Thomas - Idiot or truly nice guy.

I think he's letting his play speak for itself, and to me this is a very confident move.
    He knows he is bar-none the top O-lineman in this draft, and would rather spend his free time doing things he enjoys (fishing/golfing with his family and friends)
    than go through the stressful draft day sitting at a table waiting for his name to be called.

Chuch.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Good for him, he is doing something he loves with family. If anything it shows good character and commitment, which could even help his draft stock (Very unlikely I know)

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

good for him. all that pre draft stuff is hype anyways. either way, he is getting paid so who give a rats ass.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I totally respect that decision... he has his values, and he values family and tradition.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

treshenpesh is offline Training Camp

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I respect HIS decision....that being said....I think it is very selfish of his father.
    He is making his decision for his father....
    His father should step up and say that this is one of the most important days in MY SONS life and the family wants to be a part of it...instead of visaversa.

His son has worked his a$$ off his entire life for this once in a lifetime day and his family should be behind him on this one...and support the fruits of his labor.

EXCELLENT POINT! I didn't think of that. bravo
    Thor

PacMan21 is offline Starter

I think he's truely a nice guy. During the combine, they were talking about how nice of a guy he is and they talked to his girlfriend/fiancee? and they just talked about how he does a lot of charity work in Madison and does a lot of volunteering and stuff. It was pretty cool hearing about something good for a change, unlike all the other players who go out and waste their time getting into trouble.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

"PacMan21" wrote:
    I think he's truely a nice guy. During the combine, they were talking about how nice of a guy he is and they talked to his girlfriend/fiancee? and they just talked about how he does a lot of charity work in Madison and does a lot of volunteering and stuff. It was pretty cool hearing about something good for a change, unlike all the other players who go out and waste their time getting into trouble.
    I dont think anyone is questioning his character....by all accounts, this kid is first class all the way.
    The question in my mind again....is why wouldnt his father and family want to be with him for the draft.
    This whole story crys out to me....that its ALL ABOUT DADS TRIP....
    This kid doesnt want to mess it up.
    Well DAD....it is time to stand BEHIND your son....if only for a day....and support his accomplishments on draft day....

Knowing the NFL network....if they do go fishing....look for someone to be wearing FISH CAM out on the lake!
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:
    I dont think anyone is questioning his character....by all accounts, this kid is first class all the way.
    The question in my mind again....is why wouldnt his father and family want to be with him for the draft.
    This whole story crys out to me....that its ALL ABOUT DADS TRIP....
    This kid doesnt want to mess it up.
    Well DAD....it is time to stand BEHIND your son....if only for a day....and support his accomplishments on draft day....

Knowing the NFL network....if they do go fishing....look for someone to be wearing FISH CAM out on the lake!

;D
    I gotta boat
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast