Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Joe Horn will be let go

We are not being desperate for my tastes. Looks like the current plan is to get Curtis and draft a WR early.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Any interest in Horn?
    Friday, March 2nd, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

The Green Bay Packers are the only team from the NFC North that has expressed interest in veteran receiver Joe Horn, who was let go by the Saints. It’s unknown if the Vikings plan to pursue Horn. Right now, there are about eight teams in the running for Horn and it looks as if he might be making a visit to Atlanta. The Vikings also are not believed to have gotten in the running for veteran receiver Keenan McCardell.
    CRAP!!!!
    While the Pukers are actively pursuing legit #1 WRs in FA, the Vikes are sitting on their hands...with one thumb up their asses and the other in their mouths and playing SWITCH!!!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Any interest in Horn?
    Friday, March 2nd, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

The Green Bay Packers are the only team from the NFC North that has expressed interest in veteran receiver Joe Horn, who was let go by the Saints. It’s unknown if the Vikings plan to pursue Horn. Right now, there are about eight teams in the running for Horn and it looks as if he might be making a visit to Atlanta. The Vikings also are not believed to have gotten in the running for veteran receiver Keenan McCardell.
    CRAP!!!!
    While the Pukers are actively pursuing legit #1 WRs in FA, the Vikes are sitting on their hands...with one thumb up their asses and the other in their mouths and playing SWITCH!!!
    >
    Sounds like you have experience playing that game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I just posted the whole article, because they make you register.
    Horn is a Mississippi homeboy, so not so sure he will want to head north.

================================================== ===========

Falcons interested in former Saints WR Horn
    By STEVE WYCHE
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 03/02/07

The Atlanta Falcons might be on the path to bolstering their maligned wide receiver unit and a void in veteran leadership on offense by acquiring free agent wide receiver Joe Horn, who was released by the New Orleans Saints earlier this week.

The Falcons and Horn's agent, Ralph Vitolo, entered into discussions just after the free-agency period started at 12:01 a.m. Friday, according to Vitolo. While contract talks have not been broached, the sides are trying to set up a visit for Horn so he can meet with the new coach Bobby Petrino and his staff, Vitolo said.

That meeting could come this weekend.

"We're not sure where it's going yet," Vitolo said. "They were the first team I spoke with. He'd be a perfect fit with those young guys. You team him with Alge Crumpler and Michael Vick and he might be the ingredient that helps them get to the Super Bowl. We are very interested and they seem to be too."

Vitolo said Horn, 35, and Vick have been friends for years and that relationship could factor into Horn's possible union with his longtime NFC South rival.

Jacksonville, Miami, Cleveland and Green Bay were some of the other teams to have reached out to Horn, but Atlanta is at the top of Horn's list, Vitolo said.

"Things have been very positive," Vitolo said of talks with the Falcons.

Horn has spent the past seven of his 11 NFL seasons with the Saints, catching at least 78 passes in five consecutive seasons. Durable for the majority of his career, hamstring and groin injuries limited Horn to 23 games the past two seasons, including 10 last season.

Horn is known for being charismatic, outspoken and for his infamous touchdown celebration in 2003, when he hid a cell phone under the padding of a goal post. The celebration drew a $30,000 fine. The NFL banned props from touchdown celebrations shortly thereafter.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Any interest in Horn?
    Friday, March 2nd, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

CRAP!!!!
    While the Pukers are actively pursuing legit #1 WRs in FA, the Vikes are sitting on their hands...with one thumb up their dimply buttocks and the other in their mouths and playing SWITCH!!!
    >

I hear ya man.. While I know that the Vikings can't or won't sign every available FA WR, I was at least hoping that they would show interest in almost all of them to let their fans know they are serious about fixing the offensive problems.. I hope this doesn't bite the Vikes in the asscrack..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Any interest in Horn?
    Friday, March 2nd, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

CRAP!!!!
    While the Pukers are actively pursuing legit #1 WRs in FA, the Vikes are sitting on their hands...with one thumb up their dimply buttocks and the other in their mouths and playing SWITCH!!!
    >
    Sounds like you have experience playing that game.
    NOPE...just a game that I heard about from some Mississippi stump jumpers that used to work with my brother-in-law in the oil patch!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Horn would be such a good fit in Minny.
    I know Cajun has been blowing him... err his horn... whatever, for months now, and the more i think about it, the more it makes sense.
    We do have veteran leadership along the OL. however we really don't have a guy at the offensive skill positions that is excitable, verbal and a leader.
    I think Horn would do wonders for the offense.

He is a little self absorbed, but overall, I think he "gets it."

The Falcons Are Interested in Joe Horn
    Posted Mar 3rd 2007 1:32PM
    by Ryan Wilson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234