Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    douginc is offline Starter

Re: Joe Horn is the man!

I saw an interview with him once, and you could really tell his is an actual, honest, stand-up guy. F you T.O., this is what a role model looks like.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    There was a Saint in New Orleans during the wrath of Hurricane Katrina and his name is Joe Horn, pro-football player for the New Orleans Saints. As I sat in my room at the Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, on Saturday two days before Katrina was scheduled to directly hit New Orleans, I weeped while I phoned home to North Carolina, to speak with my mother and my children. It had been confirmed that my flight was cancelled along with that of my husband and 50 others. We all were frantically trying to evacuate. I sobbed as I was told by each rental car company that there were no cars available. I thought I was trapped. But, unbeknownst to me my mother had placed a call to Joe Horn to see if he could help. I hadn't spoken to him in over 20 years. Joe was a friend of my sister's in high school and had always kept in touch with my mother. This wonderful man personally came to pick up my husband and I and arranged for his driver to drive us from New Orleans to Atlanta, Georgia, at his expense, at which point we could fly on to Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm still amazed at his generosity and I will always be grateful to him. There is truly a saint in New Orleans!! Thank you, Joe Horn. You're my hero!!
    Aleta Quinones
    Fayetteville, North Carolina

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/3...ils/index.html
    So THAT'S who he was talking to on the cell phone he had hidden in the goalpost padding! Another mystery solved!!!

But seriously, that was a good deed that he did...and he deserves props for it...and more publicity should be shown to things like this...so that little fans can see that part of being a hero is caring for others.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

He's a good guy. He can dig up all the cell phones he wants to, and that will never change it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Good for him. He did a good deed and should be praised for it.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

That goes to show ya Chivlary still exists.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: for Joe Horn!!!!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Cool

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That was nice of him! Did he get the call on his cell phone after scoring a touchdown, that would have been pretty good timing!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

These are the stories I wish the press would pick up on. I know there is more of this type of generosity going on than we hear about. It gets old hearing about all the low-life things that NFL players and other famous sports-types do.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

"Prophet" wrote:
    These are the stories I wish the press would pick up on. I know there is more of this type of generosity going on than we hear about. It gets old hearing about all the low-life things that NFL players and other famous sports-types do.
    yeah i hear ya, had this been favre it would be in every paper in the US, but no its joe horn so we only heard it from you, that was great what he did and i wish its gets out so more people hear how great of a person he is

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I dont' mean to sound like a jerk but I don't think what Joe Horn did is a big deal at all. So what? He went to pick up some friends that were stranded. All of us would have done the same exact thing. Its not like he saved a little kid that was about to get swept away by the raising waters. Thats what friends do, help eachother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast