Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/15480411.html
    The Washington Redskins hired Jim Zorn as their coach Saturday night, a surprise ending to a monthlong search for a replacement for Joe Gibbs...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    Jilly's Avatar
    Jilly is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    No way, I thought for sure they were going to hire Fassell.
    Goes to show, you can't always trust what your dog poo tells you.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    "VikingMD" wrote:
    No way, I thought for sure they were going to hire Fassell.
    Goes to show, you can't always trust what your dog poo tells you.
    Time to get out there and clean up the back yard.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    just to show u
    daniel snyder is a very odd owner
    glad he is not hours

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    I just couldn't believe they didn't promote Gregg Williams. One of the best D coordinators in the league. already with Washington. Was supposed to be the best coaching candidate available. A smart greatly coached defense. Disciplined due to Gregg Williams. This guy was supposed to become a great coach and the opportunity presented itself when Gibbs retired and what happens. They go with Jim Zorn. A quarterback coach from Seattle. Odd choice indeed. Well if Childress doesn't go to the playoffs next year maybe we can pickup Gregg Williams.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    Oh man am I loving life down here in Deadskinsville.
    Shoulda heard the chatter on the fishing channel I monitor while fishing.


    By the way PHOD, whats his Madden rating?
    Well if Childress doesn't go to the playoffs next year maybe we can pickup Gregg Williams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    224

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    Zorn will be a decent coach

  8. #8
    Iwantmy$2's Avatar
    Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    I think this was a decent move from the standpoint of not throwing money at the biggest name.
    This obviously has not worked up to now.
    Downer for Zorn is he has to feel like the "backup date" to the Prom after sitting as OC a couple weeks while they looked at the guys they really wanted.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    I think this was a decent move from the standpoint of not throwing money at the biggest name.
    This obviously has not worked up to now.
    Downer for Zorn is he has to feel like the "backup date" to the Prom after sitting as OC a couple weeks while they looked at the guys they really wanted.
    The feeling in this area is he is nothing more than a placeholder until Cowher comes out of retirement next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach,

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    I just couldn't believe they didn't promote Gregg Williams. One of the best D coordinators in the league. already with Washington. Was supposed to be the best coaching candidate available. A smart greatly coached defense. Disciplined due to Gregg Williams. This guy was supposed to become a great coach and the opportunity presented itself when Gibbs retired and what happens. They go with Jim Zorn. A quarterback coach from Seattle. Odd choice indeed. Well if Childress doesn't go to the playoffs next year maybe we can pickup Gregg Williams.
    He's working for Jack Del Rio now.
    http://www.nbc11.com/nfl090/15237684/detail.html


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Redskins Zorn shorn of play-calling duties
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 06:30 AM
  2. Redskins Hire Jim Zorn As Offensive Chief
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
  3. Steve Loney hired as interim head coach
    By singersp in forum College Ball
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 08:32 AM
  4. Van Chancellor hired as LSU Lady Tigers coach!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
  5. We hired the wrong former Falcons coach!
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 01:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •