skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Jets | Team could move Coles

Jets | Team could move Coles
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 06:41:12 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports the New York Jets could possibly trade WR Laveranues Coles in an effort to upgrade their wide-receiver position. Clayton expects the Jets to be a very busy team this weekend

---

Takers???

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jets | Team could move Coles

I guess if I had to choose, I would keep Pinkston instead of wanting Coles.. The reason being is that we have 3 speedy WR's in T-Will, Taylor, and Carter.. It is nice knowing that we have now 2 tall redzone threats in M-Rob, and Pinkston.. I would just keep it the way it is..

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

IMO the Vikings won't partake in Coles.
    I wouldn't mind him over Pinky boy but the bottom line is Childress must like him since he brought him over.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I guess if I had to choose, I would keep Pinkston instead of wanting Coles.. The reason being is that we have 3 speedy WR's in T-Will, Taylor, and Carter.. It is nice knowing that we have now 2 tall redzone threats in M-Rob, and Pinkston.. I would just keep it the way it is..
    Agreed, however does anyone know the timetable for Pinkston? Will he be ready for the opener? mid-season? I don't think anything has been announced yet. Coles is alright, but we've got our speed and the balls we need (T-Will running w/o a helmet with Ray Lewis chasing him down....gutsy)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Agreed, however does anyone know the timetable for Pinkston? Will he be ready for the opener? mid-season? I don't think anything has been announced yet. Coles is alright, but we've got our speed and the balls we need (T-Will running w/o a helmet with Ray Lewis chasing him down....gutsy)

I would think the timetable on Pinkston (if healthy enough to play) could be sooner than most think.
    Remember, he comes from a Childress based offense, I would think he would pick up on things very quickly.
    Plus, he is mainly used for spreading the D backs, I really wouldn't be suprised to see him get some plays in on the opening game..

I think we are set at WR now, Childress will work with whats in front of him now.
    I don't see us pursuing Coles...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.