Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy

jets get Holmes for a 5th

The Pittsburgh Steelers traded troubled wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets for a fifth-round pick in this year's draft, sources confirmed Sunday night.

Pretty good deal for the Jets, who by the way are looking like a serious power now in the AFC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5077088
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: jets get Holmes for a 5th

The trade looks pretty one sided, but I guess the Steelers were in a bad spot. A guy who's contract expires after the CBA runs out, who's been in trouble more than once, and facing a 4 game suspension doesn't give them much leverage.

The Jets are gonna be nasty this season. If Mays or Thomas drop to them they've got a replacement for Rhodes and if Gholston learns to play football they could have an amazing talent playing the Jack in their defense.

WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy

A part of me wishes we would have done this deal, Holmes would be a great replacement for Bernard. Bernard just never seemed to get in sink with the silver fox last year.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    A part of me wishes we would have done this deal, Holmes would be a great replacement for Bernard. Bernard just never seemed to get in sink with the silver fox last year.

I disagree. Towards the end they were looking pretty good actually. The problem was, Favre missed training camp, so never got practice reps in with Berrian, then when preseason rolled around, Berrian was hurt, so they got even further behind. They started making some nice throws and catches deeper into the season and in the playoffs. I have no doubt that if Favre's back, him and Berrian will look just fine.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:jets get Holmes for a 5th

When I saw the title I thought "man wouldn't that be crazy if it was Santanio Holmes, I can't think of any other Holmes's(?)in the league, I'll check out who it is". Dam I can't believe it was for a 5th! Thats crazy, jets are adding weapons and are gonna be a very good football team for awhile. Could this piss off Big Ben enough to want to get out of Pitt? Maybe the Vikes trade for him?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

12purplepride28 wrote:
    When I saw the title I thought "man wouldn't that be crazy if it was Santanio Holmes, I can't think of any other Holmes's(?)in the league, I'll check out who it is". Dam I can't believe it was for a 5th! Thats crazy, jets are adding weapons and are gonna be a very good football team for awhile. Could this piss off Big Ben enough to want to get out of Pitt? Maybe the Vikes trade for him?
    Ben is going to Jail. It obvious he has a problem with a woman telling him no, and sooner or later he will get nailed.

Apparently, the Steelers where going to release him and where making a desperate attempt to trade him wherever they could.

Still, getting him for a 5th is still a steal for the Jets.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

@Rockmolder Ya no doubt. @packsux! maybe if he came to a place like minnesota he wouldn't have as much problems? Minnesota just seems like a better environment than Pittsburgh
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Way to go Jets. Stack your team, win that division, and don't let the Patriots into the playoffs.

Steelers are so screwed fyi,.
    We're bringing purple back.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

PackSux! wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Ben is going to Jail. It obvious he has a problem with a woman telling him no, and sooner or later he will get nailed.
    Ben's not going to jail. Media is all over this here in Pittsburgh. All pending charges were dropped. Probably pay something in claims court but that it.

I've heard some stories about him from girls I know on campus though and I've also seen him at a club where he was hitting on some dude's girl and he told her "When you want a real man, give me a call" and gave her his number. Right in front of this guy too.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast