Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jerry rice

poult is offline Asst. Coach

jerry rice

ESPN is claiming hes gonna be dealt to either detroit or the seahawks before tuesdays trade deadline hits. think he'd be a problem for us if he ends up in detroit?

personally, i think hes over the hill, and should have retired a few years ago, so im not worried. just be one more big name WR in the NFC north i guess.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

jerry rice

I hope he would go to Detroit. I have pretty much ruled them out as a threat to us. It would make the detroit games a little tougher, but I would wrather lose to them once and beat the seahawks in the playoffs, i am guessing we will meet them for a third time this year there (...preseason).
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

jerry rice

A lot of people think he should retire, but in my mind he can do no wrong. Until he physically cannot play anymore he should be on that field. He is one of the few guys in my opinion who cannot hurt his "legacy" by continuous playing. No matter where it is he plays, he will always bring leadership and a positive attitude. He is one of the few non-vikes i like along with number 20 himself Barry!
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

Del Rio Guest

jerry rice

I think he can still be dangerous and if he goes to Seattle it will become apparent how dangerous he can be. His strength his whole carrer has been his route running. He runs crisp precise routes that are timed to perfection.

No he won't be blaring down the sideline and catching the 60yd bomb but he will catch that 7 yd timing pass on third down.

Harrington is young and I'm sure a little too impulsive. Hasselbach I think would enjoy a reciever that can catch his passes and runs that awesome timing route.

If you watched the Seahawk game you know Hasselbachs recievers really looked bad they dropped a lot of balls.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

jerry rice

Rice could be useful to a number of teams that need a possession type receiver, which is what he essentially is now...no shame in that!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

jerry rice

I think Jerry should retire, the best receiver of all time. He has nothing more to prove in this league. Nobody will ever break his records not even "the great Randy Moss (qouting the lame announcers from ESPN). I just don't see anybody being able to play as long as he has.

Please retire before you make yourself and your fantastic career look like a joke.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jerry rice

He just got traded for a conditional seventh-round pick to the Seahawks...maybe he can end his career on a good note!

jerry rice

Its too bad we dont have the seahawks in the regular season this year, because I would like Moss and him to play in the same game one more time before he retires.
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

Del Rio Guest

jerry rice

Your joking right? We play them December 12th.

jerry rice

In Seattle or the Dome?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast