Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1049
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jay Cutler on the block?

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/42301327.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUdcOy_ncKUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

[size=12pt]Vikings should pass on whiny QB Cutler[/size]
    The Vikings don't need pouting Jay Cutler as their quarterback. He's under .500 as an NFL starter, has an eggshell-fragile ego and comes with enabling parents.

By PATRICK REUSSE, Star Tribune
    Last update: April 1, 2009 - 10:00 PM

When was the last time a whining Daddy's Boy led his team to a Super Bowl victory? That's the question to ask before joining the mass of Vikings followers worked up over your favorite team's apparent reluctance to join in the pursuit of Jay Cutler, the sniveling, big-armed quarterback of the Denver Broncos.
    *golf clap*

=Z=
    Eli Manning won a Superbowl.
    Haha i was gonna say the same thing.....too true
    +1

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Could Brewster help get Cutler to Vikings?[/size]
    By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    Last update: April 1, 2009 - 8:40 PM

The former Broncos assistant is both a friend of Brad Childress and a big fan of Denver's quarterback.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...7PQLanchO7DiUr
    [/quote]Childress also has to be telling the Wilfs, owners of the Vikings, that if they get Cutler, they will have a much better chance of getting to the Super Bowl.[/quote]

Where are all the Childress haters talking about how Childress has to be the "element" that isn't high on Cutler?

Edit:
    Now that I have re-read the quote I see that I missed very important verbiage where it says "...has to be".
    Meaning it isn't for certain.
    Therefore, the Childress haters can keep on hating.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Could Brewster help get Cutler to Vikings?[/size]
    By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    Last update: April 1, 2009 - 8:40 PM

The former Broncos assistant is both a friend of Brad Childress and a big fan of Denver's quarterback.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...7PQLanchO7DiUr
    Childress also has to be telling the Wilfs, owners of the Vikings, that if they get Cutler, they will have a much better chance of getting to the Super Bowl.[/quote]

Where are all the Childress haters talking about how Childress has to be the "element" that isn't high on Cutler?

Edit:
    Now that I have re-read the quote I see that I missed very important verbiage where it says "...has to be".
    Meaning it isn't for certain.
    Therefore, the Childress haters can keep on hating.
    [/quote]
    A very interesting read. Thanks.......

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/42301327.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUdcOy_ncKUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

The Vikings don't need pouting Jay Cutler as their quarterback. He's under .500 as an NFL starter, has an eggshell-fragile ego and comes with enabling parents.

When was the last time a whining Daddy's Boy led his team to a Super Bowl victory? That's the question to ask before joining the mass of Vikings followers worked up over your favorite team's apparent reluctance to join in the pursuit of Jay Cutler, the sniveling, big-armed quarterback of the Denver Broncos.
    *golf clap*
    This answer shows that you didn't bother to read the article.

If you had, you would have seen the SECOND paragraph:

The Manning brothers, Peyton and Eli, have a high-profile father in Archie, but we know this in Minnesota: Archie was a warrior even as he competed here for the incompetent coach, Les Steckel, in 1984, and his sons play with that same resiliency.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

We would have to give up considerably more than other teams to get him.
    Other teams have the option of trading a QB and picks where we would most likely be forced to give up two firsts.
    That is too much for a QB who still has plenty to prove.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

*golf clap*

=Z=
    +1
    +2

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

*golf clap*
    +1
    +2
    3 more people who don't read.

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=50759.msg930192#msg930192 date=1238641675]

*golf clap*
    +1
    +2

=Z=
    [/quote]

I read it. I don't agree with it. That simple. Eli can win a Super Bowl and so can Cutler. Especially with this team. A whiny QB does not mean shit to me. A pro bowler does.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

*golf clap*
    +1
    +2

=Z=
    [/quote]

I said before that Cutler was a mixed bag - he has the talent, but his ego might not be worth it.

However, I couldn't imagine anyone being stupid enough to think that our QB situation is "fine"....until Chiller said exactly that.

Personally, I'd explore the Cutler option.
    See what it would cost to get him here, then sit the boy down and say, "Look, if you pull that Prima-Donna crap here, we're going to invite some of the PPO guys in here to "readjust" your attitude."
    If he can settle in and play tough, we're in business.

And, truthfully, even if he's crying like a baby, he's STILL about a zillion times better than what we have.

But it all comes back to price - no way I'd mortgage the franchise for him....if he's too pricey, go get Garcia instead.

Caine

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=50759.msg930267#msg930267 date=1238654502]

*golf clap*
    +1
    +2

[/quote]

I read it. I don't agree with it. That simple. Eli can win a Super Bowl and so can Cutler. Especially with this team. A whiny QB does not mean shit to me. A pro bowler does.
    [/quote]

As pointed out in the article, Cutler failed to lead his team to the playoffs - losing the final 3 games of the season to go 8-8.
    And, when he went head-to-head with Tarvaris to end the 2007 season, Tarvaris played him to a stand-still (as far as QB performance goes).

But still, he's better, right?

:

=Z=