Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Admiral is offline Training Camp

Jay Cutler on the block?

So Cutler would seem to believe he is on the trading block after the whole Cassel/Tampa thing... (Link) It looks like it's not as bad as he thinks but if he is indeed being shopped... I say let's go. I wouldn't mind giving up our first rounder for Cutler... 4500 yards and 25 td's last year. That beats the shit out of Tarvaris and Sage. Of course this is probably never gonna happen, but at least it's something to think/talk about while we wait for more news on Housh .

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jay Cutler on the block?

I don't know.

If they are willing to just give up on the young fella I might wonder what has gone on behind the scenes.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Admiral" wrote:
    So Cutler would seem to believe he is on the trading block after the whole Cassel/Tampa thing... (Link) It looks like it's not as bad as he thinks but if he is indeed being shopped... I say let's go. I wouldn't mind giving up our first rounder for Cutler... 4500 yards and 25 td's last year. That beats the pooh out of Tarvaris and Sage. Of course this is probably never gonna happen, but at least it's something to think/talk about while we wait for more news on Housh .
    I think they'd just rather have Cassel than him.
    I don't think they'll be willing to trade him elsewhere, but the Vikes should certainly give it a try.

Admiral is offline Training Camp

"happy" wrote:
    I don't know.

If they are willing to just give up on the young fella I might wonder what has gone on behind the scenes.
    Well what's going on is they have a new coach. Seems he would've liked to bring in "his own guy" in Cassel, but now that that's not happening as I said there is probably little chance of them entertaining any other trade options.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "Admiral" wrote:
    So Cutler would seem to believe he is on the trading block after the whole Cassel/Tampa thing... (Link) It looks like it's not as bad as he thinks but if he is indeed being shopped... I say let's go. I wouldn't mind giving up our first rounder for Cutler... 4500 yards and 25 td's last year. That beats the pooh out of Tarvaris and Sage. Of course this is probably never gonna happen, but at least it's something to think/talk about while we wait for more news on Housh .
    I think they'd just rather have Cassel than him.
    I don't think they'll be willing to trade him elsewhere, but the Vikes should certainly give it a try.
    From the rumors it seems Cutler is pissed that he was being shopped around and therefore he may want out.
    If this is true than the Vikes would be doing a good thing by offering their frist rounder for him.
    A proven young QB that would upgrade that position and if healthy could take the Vikes very deep in the playoffs.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Do they think they are worried about his health?

duvaldomo is offline Coach

If we manage to get housh and cutler some how i wouldnt make it to watch the 09 season because ill faint.
    Gonna be crazy as hell if we do but i doubt it unless we can make some cap room

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

If the Broncos were truly actively shopping Cutler & wanted the best possible trade, MN would be one of the first teams they'd contact, we'd already know about it & we wouldn't have signed Sage..

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    If the Broncos were truly actively shopping Cutler & wanted the best possible trade, MN would be one of the first teams they'd contact, we'd already know about it & we wouldn't have signed Sage..
    Possibly but this may have happened after the trade went through.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

And Chilly did say they were looking at a 4th option at QB

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast