Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Jax CB Williams Rascist Rant Revealed

the point i was originally trying to make was that white people are the ones that are punished or held responsible, when it seems as though the minority gets the benefit of the doubt because the "past racial abuse" card gets used to justify their behavior in a situation like this
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=GreenBaySlackers link=topic=43817.msg753351#msg753351 date=1207280872]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=43817.msg753349#msg753349 date=1207280800]
    [quote author=GreenBaySlackers link=topic=43817.msg753336#msg753336 date=1207280376]
    Obama's church. (How have you not heard about this?)

http://abcnews.go.com/blotter/story?id=4443788

Micheal Richards cannot get in legal trouble for it, it isn't illegal to insult someone.
    But just try to tell me this hasn't adversely affected his career...

Dog the Bounty hunter.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...156035,00.html

If the arrest spurred the cancellation, this sure didn't help. it did cause a suspension

Controversial, not racist!
    No... I am pretty positive thats racism...

Address the post mike quoted please.
    How? Explain.
    “The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, ‘Let me make myself perfectly clear…’ Governments lie. The government lied about the drugs for arms Contra scheme orchestrated by Oliver North, and then the government pardoned all the perpetrators so they could get better jobs in the government. Governments lie. Wright went on to state: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. Governments lie. The government lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein and a connection between 9.11.01 and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Governments lie.
    A direct quote from Jeremiah Wright.
    LMFAO, sounds anti goverment not racist. Man you need to come up with better stuff than that. You do understand that there are other races in the government.
    [/quote]

I am doing this very quickly.....

It's a roundabout way of saying it.
    He is blaming the white man for the black mans problems.
    You at this point are arguing just to argue.
    If you truly feel that racism isn't punished, I feel horribly sorry for your ignorance.
    It is not illegal to call someone a racial slur, so I can't "prove" that racism has been punished.
    The closest i can "prove" is the addition of hate crimes to charges.

[/quote]

Ignorance?! LMFAO. Take a look in the mirror. Don't get mad because I am giving you my opinion. Just because I don't agree with you does not make me ignorant.[/quote]
    Ignorance is when a person decides not to hear or see all sides of an argument. When one believes that his opinion (which in itself bears no solid proof to back ones argument), is the only "truth", it starts to lead to ignorance.

I think that words or names (that are associated with racism), are just that "words". When they are used to belittle another person in a hateful way, however, that's when it turns into racism. This is the whole "gray" area. It is up to a person or persons to decide how the word is being used at the time. In William's case, it was racial. No other way to see it.

As for punishment. If you life or lively hood is changed in any way shape or form, it is considered punishment. So yes, if you look at Richards, Dog, etc. they did receive some type of punishment. I see what you are saying. They didn't get stoned by society, but they did get punished (severity is in the eye of the beholder).

I think the major eye opener is how he talked about the officers family and what he would do to them. That makes me believe (if all the notes are accurate), that Williams is a complete piece of trash. You can call me all kinds of things (I won't really care), BUT if you bring my family into it, there will be a problem. Williams was lucky that he didn't get his a** tasered. These type of incidences are exactly why I am not nor ever will be an officer of the law.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Are you seriously trying to say that when a white person calls someone a n'er they don't get in trouble?
    Are you serious?

One example, Dog the bounty hunter lost his show.

another example, Michael Richards.

Barack Obama regularly attends a racist church.

I am not saying Barack Obama is a racist, I will say the opposite.
    Barrack Obama is NOT a racist. But he does regularly listen to Racist Sermons.
    Now, Imagine if John McCain regularly went to David Duke seminars.
    Would he be a major candidate?
    Absolutely not.

Reverse Racism is fine and dandy in this society.
    Obama quits Chicago church after long controversy
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080531/ap_on_el_pr/obama

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=360]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/Zaknarfein/Motovational/1206031663200.jpg[/img]
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    [img width=450 height=360]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/Zaknarfein/Motovational/1206031663200.jpg[/img]
    Obama for president!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

[youtube=425,350]0u5l76sgwF0[/youtube]
    this is funny
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112