Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Javon Walker trade down to 3 teams they are...........

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16493709&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id= 18170&rfi=6

The Eagles, the Denver Broncos and the San Francisco 49ers are regarded in news reports as the leading suitors for disgruntled wide receiver Javon Walker, who has asked the Green Bay Packers to trade him. The Eagles quietly wouldn’t confirm or deny interest in Walker, who still isn’t all the way back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament sustained in the 2005 regular season opener.

Kennard McGuire, the agent for Walker, could not be reached for comment.

The Packers have said they aren’t interested in giving Walker away amid a broadcast report that a couple of second round choices might appease the Cheeseheads.

It’s more likely the Packers would have to take a conditional pick or picks should they change their minds and unload Walker.

There is speculation the Packers will show their hand the week before the April 29-30 NFL Draft.

The Eagles contemplated trading up to draft Florida State’s Walker in the first round of the 2002 lottery but stood pat to take cornerback Lito Sheppard off the board with the 26th overall selection. Sheppard and Walker were voted to the Pro Bowl team during the 2004 season.

Walker (6-3, 215) was the prototype West Coast weapon that year, catching 89 passes for 1,382 yards (15.5 yards-per-reception) and 12 touchdowns in a dozen starts with the Packers. He had nine TD’s and averaged 17.5 yards per grab the previous year, starting three of 16 games.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Javon Walker trade down to 3 teams they are...........

This story will get very interesting in the next couple of weeks.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

They are rumored to want a 2nd rounder for a guy who like Daunte might not even play this year. I would not give up a #2 for him at this point, but I see him ending up somewhere other than GB.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I would say it be more like 2 teams, I don't think he would got the 49ers.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I want to see the team do nothing with him. Then we can see if he will really sit out this season or not!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

FavreSucks! is offline Training Camp

Wow, The Pack really sucks now!!!!! :grin:

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I want to see the team do nothing with him. Then we can see if he will really sit out this season or not!

I agree.. For once I would love to see a player make good on his promise. If I can recall correctly, he said he would rather retire then to play another game for the Cheeseheads. Now I wouldn't want to see a young gifted WR retire at such a young age, but I would rather see that then him return to the Peckers, err Packers..

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    He's already said he would show up for 8 games so he can accrue a year and become a free agent.

But he's going to be a cancer to the team.

I hope they keep him too because their reputation among players is getting blown to h*ll.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

With as bad as the Pack might be this year those eight games could cost him his NFL career or his life.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.