Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jason Campbell- Opinions?

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Campbell and TJ have both had a lack of overall guidience in their development..

Campbell has adjusted to system after system and TJ has dealt with limitations in coaching and being developed in a designed approach.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to throw smack around, but look at the offensive play calling and lack of protection the TJ dealt with when first hitting live regular season game action. They did little in terms of playcalling, formations or routes to help him gain confidence, poise and a level of comfort in the pocket.

Throwing a QB in an offense that won't bring him along is just about as bad as not developing him in practice so he is ready to hit the field and give him proper time to adjust to the NFL game before throwing him to the wolves.

Que tape of Rodgers in the 2006 game against the patriots.. his second year in the league. He was absolutely lost and pathetic in that game.. not ready for the NFL game. Then look at Rodgers of 08, with two seasons of a solid system under his belt.. most QB's are not ready to play yet in year 2.. let alone be handed the franchise with questionable offensive playcalling.

Again.. not trying to be a trouble maker.. just an outside looking in opinion.
    You know what chaps my asssssssss?

When a fricken PUKER fan comes on here and makes more sense than most Vikings fans.......Can we get rid of this guy?

JK my pukey Green and Yellow friend.......Excellent post.

;D
    you mean yoru not gonna give him pooh about the questionable play calling??.. id of thought you would chew him out about the center and line protection while still saying cut Cook some slack!!
    ;D
    Quality posters always get some slack my friend.
    ;D
    Besides, he understands my stance on Cook.
    Some on here obviously still don't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Campbell and TJ have both had a lack of overall guidience in their development..

Campbell has adjusted to system after system and TJ has dealt with limitations in coaching and being developed in a designed approach.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to throw smack around, but look at the offensive play calling and lack of protection the TJ dealt with when first hitting live regular season game action. They did little in terms of playcalling, formations or routes to help him gain confidence, poise and a level of comfort in the pocket.

Throwing a QB in an offense that won't bring him along is just about as bad as not developing him in practice so he is ready to hit the field and give him proper time to adjust to the NFL game before throwing him to the wolves.

Que tape of Rodgers in the 2006 game against the patriots.. his second year in the league. He was absolutely lost and pathetic in that game.. not ready for the NFL game. Then look at Rodgers of 08, with two seasons of a solid system under his belt.. most QB's are not ready to play yet in year 2.. let alone be handed the franchise with questionable offensive playcalling.

When a fricken PUKER fan comes on here and makes more sense than most Vikings fans.......Can we get rid of this guy?

;D
    you mean yoru not gonna give him pooh about the questionable play calling??.. id of thought you would chew him out about the center and line protection while still saying cut Cook some slack!!
    ;D
    Quality posters always get some slack My Sexy Little Pixie.

;D
    you mean besides he's a colossal waste of space on the right side in pass protection??..
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

;D
    ;D

;D
    you mean besides he's a colossal waste of space on the right side in pass protection??..
    ;D

See, thats what I can't figure out about you......In one thread your button can't be pushed, in another its way to easy.........(EJ Henderson)...... :-* :-* :-*
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=50913.msg920138#msg920138 date=1236627097]

;D
    ;D

;D
    ;D

See, thats what I can't figure out about you......In one thread your button can't be pushed, in another its way to easy.........(EJ Henderson)...... :-* :-* :-*
    [/quote]

HEY!!.. I'd have to say that's part of my charm... either that or i don't totally abhor your affection for cook!!...
    ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Campbell is just a step ahead of Jackson

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    Yep, but its the step from average to competent. That is the step that we need.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Ranger is offline Coach

Don't get me wrong here, I'd love for T-Jack to have the switch flipped, and just play some outstanding ball.
    Whether or not he will, nobody can say for sure.
    He has the talent, and I don't think many will argue that point, but the mental aspect of the game seems to be what's causing him issues.

Brees was pretty "meh" and sometimes bad when he started with the Chargers, then he suddenly "got it" around...what...year three?
    Since then, he's been playing amazing ball.

I think this can count as Jackson's "make or break" year, to be honest.
    He's had plenty of time in the system, has experienced tough away games against rival teams and has played in the playoffs.
    If you were going to make a check list of things you'd want to see your quarterback deal with, he'd have checked most of them off by now.

He's got the arm and mobility that teams dream about, so it's up to him to put it all together.

As far as Campbell goes, I think he's a promising kid still.
    If he gets some stability, I think he can really put it together.
    He's had a few 300 yard, multiple touchdown games IIRC, which I'm waiting for Jackson to do.

If Jackson plays really well this year, we're going to make a lot of noise.
    We did well last year without good quarterback play, so if we get some, we're gonna GET some.
    If not, hopefully Sage can play well.

If we struggle at the quarterback position again, I'm expecting some sort of a push to either acquire a good free agent or for us to draft a quarterback in a year where talent appears it will be thick.

The question will be, "Will Childress get the axe?", and I honestly couldn't tell you.
    I think if we manage to make the playoffs without a passing attack, he'll still be around.
    If not, I'd expect him to be gone.

You have to wonder, though, who will replace him?
    If we get a defensive coordinator from somewhere, we're more than likely going to have to bring in an offensive coordinator who knows his business.
    I could see us making a play on Gruden, but if you guys don't like seeing free agent vets quarterbacking, I can't imagine you would be terribly pleased with Chucky.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Why are we talking about a player that isn't even available until 2010 now?

Ask us again towards the end of the year after we see how well he & our QB's play in 2009.

Maybe because after every year we are in need of a QB. We might as well start now.

"V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Yep, but its the step from average to competent. That is the step that we need.
    aint that the truth!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Ranger" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong here, I'd love for T-Jack to have the switch flipped, and just play some outstanding ball.
    Whether or not he will, nobody can say for sure.
    He has the talent, and I don't think many will argue that point, but the mental aspect of the game seems to be what's causing him issues.

Brees was pretty "meh" and sometimes bad when he started with the Chargers, then he suddenly "got it" around...what...year three?
    Since then, he's been playing amazing ball.

I think this can count as Jackson's "make or break" year, to be honest.
    He's had plenty of time in the system, has experienced tough away games against rival teams and has played in the playoffs.
    If you were going to make a check list of things you'd want to see your quarterback deal with, he'd have checked most of them off by now.

He's got the arm and mobility that teams dream about, so it's up to him to put it all together.

As far as Campbell goes, I think he's a promising kid still.
    If he gets some stability, I think he can really put it together.
    He's had a few 300 yard, multiple touchdown games IIRC, which I'm waiting for Jackson to do.

If Jackson plays really well this year, we're going to make a lot of noise.
    We did well last year without good quarterback play, so if we get some, we're gonna GET some.
    If not, hopefully Sage can play well.

If we struggle at the quarterback position again, I'm expecting some sort of a push to either acquire a good free agent or for us to draft a quarterback in a year where talent appears it will be thick.

The question will be, "Will Childress get the axe?", and I honestly couldn't tell you.
    I think if we manage to make the playoffs without a passing attack, he'll still be around.
    If not, I'd expect him to be gone.

You have to wonder, though, who will replace him?
    If we get a defensive coordinator from somewhere, we're more than likely going to have to bring in an offensive coordinator who knows his business.
    I could see us making a play on Gruden, but if you guys don't like seeing free agent vets quarterbacking, I can't imagine you would be terribly pleased with Chucky.
    Airborne !
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast