Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm glad he went to the Bores. Now we can exploit his inability to seal the edge against the run and block him with WR's, TE's or even leave him unblocked, like we saw happen the last 2 years.
    When he "turned it on" at the end of the season to insure he had over 10 sacks, he lost me as a fan. I kept asking, "Where was THAT all year??"

It was clear to me he was moving on, though deep down I kept hoping he would take a little less to stay with us. When he started threatening to retire if he didn't get his price, I stopped caring; that is a good way to create a cancer on the team, and I wanted to see him gone. He didn't consider himself a Viking, but a hired gun instead.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm glad he went to the Bores. Now we can exploit his inability to seal the edge against the run and block him with WR's, TE's or even leave him unblocked, like we saw happen the last 2 years.
    Yup, all he cares about is personal stats and sacks for the most part. I know he wants to win but he doesn't always play like a team player. Great guy and player, but susceptible to the run.
    The Bears haven't been good run stoppers for awhile now. With the addition of Allen, AD should be licking his chops !
    Maybe the Vikings can finally win one at Soldier field.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I had a pretty funny thought on this just the other day...Defensive Ends played musical chairs this year in the NFC North:

The Vikings resigned an unheralded (and we're hoping, under-rated) backup while the Bears signed Jared Allen to replace Julius Peppers who signed with the Packers...

And somehow, we all think we got better at the position!!?! HaHaaa!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12