Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't think it has anything to do with giving the Vikes a reprieve. In fact, it might make the ownership group move their plans ahead a bit faster if in fact they feel that there are two teams competing for the same venue.

In short, the team that doesn't get LA will have to play in a makeshift stadium someplace for a couple of years until the new one gets built.
    I would think the team that does get LA will be playing in a makeshift stadium for a couple years. The LA group has said they won't break ground until an agreement is made with an owner and the league. I can't imagine the Vikings stay in Minnesota for a single season after announcing they are moving to LA. So they would have atleast a season playing in a makeshift stadium(LA colliseum?).
    If the Vikings stay they will eventually get a deal done and during the building process they will either continue to use the dome or likely play a couple seasons in the gophers state of the art facility.
    There are several other teams that are either losing money, can't sell out, or want a new stadium that are also in the running for LA or any other city looking for nfl team.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I don't think it has anything to do with giving the Vikes a reprieve. In fact, it might make the ownership group move their plans ahead a bit faster if in fact they feel that there are two teams competing for the same venue.

In short, the team that doesn't get LA will have to play in a makeshift stadium someplace for a couple of years until the new one gets built.
    I would think the team that does get LA will be playing in a makeshift stadium for a couple years. The LA group has said they won't break ground until an agreement is made with an owner and the league. I can't imagine the Vikings stay in Minnesota for a single season after announcing they are moving to LA. So they would have atleast a season playing in a makeshift stadium(LA colliseum?).
    If the Vikings stay they will eventually get a deal done and during the building process they will either continue to use the dome or likely play a couple seasons in the gophers state of the art facility.
    There are several other teams that are either losing money, can't sell out, or want a new stadium that are also in the running for LA or any other city looking for nfl team.
    what's the latest on the rams situation? There was speculation they might move back to LA.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Judging by what I read yesterday, Goodell basically told LA to pack sand.

For a fan like me, who lives in a community that wants a pro team, that is a good thing. Moves us up on a the list so to speak.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Judging by what I read yesterday, Goodell basically told LA to pack sand.

For a fan like me, who lives in a community that wants a pro team, that is a good thing. Moves us up on a the list so to speak.
    You're getting a pro team. You're not getting an NFL team.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Remember when the Vikings couldn't even sell out a playoff game (or a regular-season game without the help of FOX)? I hate to see teams move, it's so wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12