Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    Wow - things are dire for the Jags...

    A message from my heartFriday

    June 18, 2010By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor
    At this time, I would like to speak to everyone from my heart. I ask that you, please, read my words carefully and embrace them. Here goes: Folks, this is it. This is save the whale. Forget, for the moment, about kids and growing the fan base for the future. Weíve been doing that since 1995. Back then, it was about the future. In 2010, itís about the present. The decision to limit the scrimmage to season-ticket holders was made for the purpose of adding value to a season ticket. It was carefully considered and the decision was made, not for the purpose of punishing those who donít have tickets, but to reward those who do have tickets because adding value to a season ticket might help sell more of them. Thatís all it is. The focus has become that sharp because ticket sales, not the futures of David Garrard and Jack Del Rio, is the number one issue confronting this team, and itís not about next yearís ticket sales or growing the fan base for 2020, itís about selling tickets for this year. This is it. This is save the whale and, from my perch on the beach, the whale is struggling to live. I think everyone would do well to understand that the radical nature of this decision underscores the teamís desperation to sell tickets. The team knew this decision would be harshly criticized, yet, it went forward with it. Why do you think it did? If your answer is that we have reached the tipping point, then you are a logical person.
    And PFT has a nice take on it too.

    Jaguars website sounds the alarm
    The message is clear. This is an organization fighting daily for survival, with no real guarantees beyond 2010.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.


  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.

    It's kinda like being out in the woods with a buddy and getting chased by a bear. You don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than your buddy.

  4. #4
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    Purple Floyd wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.

    It's kinda like being out in the woods with a buddy and getting chased by a bear. You don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than your buddy.
    Brilliant.

  5. #5
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    LAguars. It's just a matter of time.
    We're bringing purple back.

  6. #6
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    gregair13 wrote:
    LAguars. It's just a matter of time.
    Well the LA Jags works for me and any Jags fans left behind can go and cheer for their local UFL team instead.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't think it has anything to do with giving the Vikes a reprieve. In fact, it might make the ownership group move their plans ahead a bit faster if in fact they feel that there are two teams competing for the same venue.

    In short, the team that doesn't get LA will have to play in a makeshift stadium someplace for a couple of years until the new one gets built.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    Purple Floyd wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    good news for the Vikings as far as I'm concerned.

    It's kinda like being out in the woods with a buddy and getting chased by a bear. You don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than your buddy.
    +1

  9. #9
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,715
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    Seeing franchises being moved is something most European sports fans find hard to stomach. However if the Jags crowds get any lower, the fans will soon be getting introduced to the players at the start of games.

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Jaguars make a passionate plea to fans

    scottishvike wrote:
    Seeing franchises being moved is something most European sports fans find hard to stomach. However if the Jags crowds get any lower, the fans will soon be getting introduced to the players at the start of games.
    LOL.

    The problem with moving Jacksonville is they've got a tough out on the lease. However - the NFL can't keep allowing them to tarp up 25% of the stadium and STILL not sell out.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The 10 Most Passionate Fan Bases in the NFL
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
  2. Roger Goodell Wants to Make Fans Irrelevant
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
  3. Drunk Fans Make NFL Football Fun
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
  4. MOVED: Some of you guys make Viking fans look bad....
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 09:21 PM
  5. Some of you guys make Viking fans look bad....
    By Vikestand in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 09:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •