Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hiVXHcHhtqWcocJDrOaW3HzTqT-gD91R2E684

    [size=12pt]Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge[/size]

    FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones faces a felony drug charge in his former college town after police say officers found him cutting up cocaine with a credit card Thursday morning.

    The 25-year-old Jones and two other former Arkansas football players were inside a Toyota SUV in Fayetteville just after 12:40 a.m. Thursday when officers approached. Officers saw a card covered in a white powder in Jones' lap as he used a credit card to scrape it, a police report said.

    Officers opened the door and ordered Jones to put his hands in the air. According to the report, Jones kept his left hand out of view, forcing at least one officer to draw his handgun.

    Jones, 25-year-old Jared Hicks and 26-year-old Benjamin Cook were arrested. Officers say they searched the vehicle and found a plastic bag filled with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    No wonder Matt Jones didn't live up to expectations.

    That word "Felony" is going to make this a tough one to get through. He may be done.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "C" wrote:
    No wonder Matt Jones didn't live up to expectations.

    That word "Felony" is going to make this a tough one to get through. He may be done.
    Dwight Smith knows - if you're gonna be sitting in your car, gettin' high, stick to substances which don't lead to felony charges!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    Haha, if Cajun was running our war room this guy would have been on our team.
    Then again, it's not like Erasmus was much better.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  5. #5
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    Your a millionaire...or pretty close anyways.
    Why you doin booga shugga out in the public eye???
    Why would you do it period, for that matter?

    I guess pro athletes like to have their fun too.
    :

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Haha, if Cajun was running our war room this guy would have been on our team.
    Then again, it's not like Erasmus was much better.
    I was hoping we were going to draft him too, he was supposed to be an athletic specimen.

    Man... am I glad we took Williamson instead. PHEW!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Your a millionaire...or pretty close anyways.
    Why you doin booga shugga out in the public eye???
    Why would you do it period, for that matter?

    I guess pro athletes like to have their fun too.
    :
    Again - I will never ever ever ever understand why these idiots don't hire drivers.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Your a millionaire...or pretty close anyways.
    Why you doin booga shugga out in the public eye???
    Why would you do it period, for that matter?

    I guess pro athletes like to have their fun too.
    :
    Again - I will never ever ever ever understand why these idiots don't hire drivers.

    =Z=
    I cant understand why these idiots cant "Just say no"....at least long enough for their playing careers to be over.
    What is the average NFL career??
    Less then 5 years??
    They have a very short window to make as much money as they can....because MOST will never work another job in their lives that pay over 100K a year....


    I personnally have never even tried an illegal substance....but can it really be THAT GOOD, that you are willing to pi$$ away this window of opportunity?


    Z....you are right.....a cop would have never approached a limo....or better yet...if you must....go home and do it there.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Your a millionaire...or pretty close anyways.
    Why you doin booga shugga out in the public eye???
    Why would you do it period, for that matter?

    I guess pro athletes like to have their fun too.
    :
    Again - I will never ever ever ever understand why these idiots don't hire drivers.

    =Z=
    I cant understand why these idiots cant "Just say no"....at least long enough for their playing careers to be over.
    What is the average NFL career??
    Less then 5 years??
    They have a very short window to make as much money as they can....because MOST will never work another job in their lives that pay over 100K a year....


    I personnally have never even tried an illegal substance....but can it really be THAT GOOD, that you are willing to pi$$ away this window of opportunity?


    Z....you are right.....a cop would have never approached a limo....or better yet...if you must....go home and do it there.
    Because:

    A.) It's fun (as much as some of you want to condemn it)
    B.) They're young
    C.) They have A LOT of money
    D.) They feel they have an image to uphold with their friends. Football players are built on a "Macho" mentality.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    No wonder Matt Jones didn't live up to expectations.

    That word "Felony" is going to make this a tough one to get through. He may be done.
    Dwight Smith knows - if you're gonna be sitting in your car, gettin' high, stick to substances which don't lead to felony charges!

    =Z=
    Yeah but weed causes failed drug tests. Cocain is out of the system in a couple of days. Just ask Ricky Williams, if his drug of choice was coke he would probably still be in the league.
    The word felony was used with McKinnie, and he is still in the plans. If this is his first offense I bet the felony part will be thrown out.
    Why he did it is probably not that different from why many other people do it. Just because you have money doesn't mean all your problems go away. Even if he doesn't ever play another game he still has more money than most of us will ever see. Someone with a family to support has a greater reason to stay out of trouble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Packers' Jolly indicted on Texas felony drug charges
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
  2. Darrion Scott arrested for felony assault
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 07:46 AM
  3. Former Cowboys QB Quincy Carter Arrested On Drug Charge
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
  4. Pacman faces felony charge in Georgia
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
  5. Jaguars Greg Jones out for the season
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •