Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

J. Lewis to be released

KFFL
    Ravens | J. Lewis to be released
    Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:52:02 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are expected to release RB Jamal Lewis before he is due a $5 million roster bonus in March. If the Ravens cut Lewis, they are expected to save $3.3 million in salary cap room.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: J. Lewis to be released

Hes been pretty dissapointing over these last couple seasons.He had that monster year in which he went over 2,000 yards.However after all the legal matters he has never been the same.

I could see him landing on the Jets,Titans, or the Texans.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

That must have pissed off the Ravens when we grabed CT last year.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LMAO.

Yeah, they are probably kicking themselves letting him get away!
    Another point for Childress & co.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are expected to release RB Jamal Lewis before he is due a $5 million roster bonus in March. If the Ravens cut Lewis, they are expected to save $3.3 million in salary cap room.
    What's the over/under on how many posts in this thread before someone suggests we sign him?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I don't think they should release him. If you get the second best record in the AFC not much about your roster shouldchange especially a key position like a HB. I'd like to see how they do next season.

Plus that guy runs angry. He's huge and shifty. With above average speed and strength. I wonder who gets him. I don't watch much of the Ravens considering there AFC and I hate the AFC but in what I did see in him against Indy twice and against SD and a couple other he was good. I open minded on this subject considering I didn't watch enough of him to get a full analysis but that's how I feel.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Del Rio Guest

I would have cut ties with him after he did time. A year or two too late imo.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

What's the over/under on how many posts in this thread before someone suggests we sign him?

=Z=
    The only position on offense we don't need this off season is a runningback. Im too much of a Chester Taylor fan I guess but we shouldn't sign him.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

=Z=
    Or how 'bout we trade him for Smoot? lol!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Hes been pretty dissapointing over these last couple seasons.He had that monster year in which he went over 2,000 yards.However after all the legal matters he has never been the same.

I could see him landing on the Jets,Titans, or the Texans.
    I could see him landing with the Jets, Texans, Giants, or Packers..

The Jets will be looking for a replacement for Curtis Martin..

The Texans have I believe Ron Dayne, and Samkon Gado.. Jamal Lewis would be an upgrade over those two..

The Giants will be looking for Tiki Barber's replacement.. Jamal Lewis would fit in nicely in a Giants uniform..

The Packers may make a run at him with Ahman Green likely leaving in FA.. None of the remaining GB RB's are what I would call game breaking players..

The Titans have Travis Henry, and Lendale White.. That is a nice RB combo, so I believe they won't go after Jamal Lewis..