Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

the best part of this is who ever was named the starter, they were going to be laughed at regardless because they both blow
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    They were pretty badly injured last year and they swept Green Bay.
    So I never take any opponant in the NFL lightly.
    I predict they will win 2 or three games.
    lmao
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I actually worry about Orton more than I do Wrecksy.

Although he doesn't scare me with the deep ball, he is pretty good at reading a D and getting the ball out to the short stuff most of the time.

Maybe our S's can play a shorter zone because of that to our benifit, however, I still would rather see Wrecks out there mucking things up.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Lovie had to make this move.
    Rex is better coming off the bench when they are behind.
    Orton is a 10 times better leader and manager of the game.
    Would love to hear what B-Train (Bernard Berrian) has to say about this.

The Bears are a more dangerous team with Orton starting and Gross Man coming off the bench IMO...dangerous enough to win at least 4 games
    :-

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:

Although he doesn't scare me with the deep ball, he is pretty good at reading a D and getting the ball out to the short stuff most of the time.

Maybe our S's can play a shorter zone because of that to our benifit, however, I still would rather see Wrecks out there mucking things up.
    :
    I disagree... if this RB they drafted is going to be their savior, they're going to need to pull guys out of the box.
    Like we found last year, when you have 8 or 9 guys in the box, short stuff gets awfully crowded.
    Hester is supposed to balance that out by stretching the field and pulling safeties out of the box.
    If Orton can't make those throws, he nullifies what Hester brings to the table.

Orton and AaRod will both have the same problem, especially against the Vikes D.
    The CBs will play tight, the LBs will pick up the draws, screens, slants, and TEs which effectively removes the quick stuff meaning those 2 QBs behind bad O Lines and with weak receiving corps are going to have to make quick decisions to move the ball down field before the D Line crushes them.
    I see them both struggling with that and either forcing slants that are picked off by LBs jumping the routes, or throwing deep into double coverage in a panic.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    I disagree... if this RB they drafted is going to be their savior, they're going to need to pull guys out of the box.
    Like we found last year, when you have 8 or 9 guys in the box, short stuff gets awfully crowded.
    Hester is supposed to balance that out by stretching the field and pulling safeties out of the box.
    If Orton can't make those throws, he nullifies what Hester brings to the table.

Orton and AaRod will both have the same problem, especially against the Vikes D.
    The CBs will play tight, the LBs will pick up the draws, screens, slants, and TEs which effectively removes the quick stuff meaning those 2 QBs behind bad O Lines and with weak receiving corps are going to have to make quick decisions to move the ball down field before the D Line crushes them.
    I see them both struggling with that and either forcing slants that are picked off by LBs jumping the routes, or throwing deep into double coverage in a panic.
    A good analysis, however.......

That OL isn't gonna give anybody time to throw anything deep, even in the intermediate range for that matter.
    They will have to rely on the short passing game this year and again, Orton is better at that than Wrecks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

As we found out, it doesn't take long for someone like Hester to get deep, especially on play action...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    As we found out, it doesn't take long for someone like Hester to get deep, especially on play action...
    As we saw in the SB, it doesn't matter who you have back there (Brady) and who is running the deep route (Moss), and again in the GB/49'rs pre-season game, if the QB is on his ass in 2 to 3 seconds it isn't gonna happen.
    :P

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

The kid has a hell of a W/L record.
    I never understood why they pulled him for Rexy in the first place.
    When your team is dominating the NFL, why make such a drastic change such as QB?
    Don't fix it if it isn't broke.

I would rather face Wrecks twice a year than Orton.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    The kid has a hell of a W/L record.
    I never understood why they pulled him for Rexy in the first place.
    When your team is dominating the NFL, why make such a drastic change such as QB?
    Don't fix it if it isn't broke.

I would rather face Wrecks twice a year than Orton.
    Ya know, alot of people asked that very same question when it happened.
    I saw all kinds of responses from "You can't lose your job due to injury" to "He can throw it deep".

My guess is they wanted to add the deep ball in the playoffs and it kindof backfired on them a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast