Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    the best part of this is who ever was named the starter, they were going to be laughed at regardless because they both blow
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    They were pretty badly injured last year and they swept Green Bay.
    So I never take any opponant in the NFL lightly.
    I predict they will win 2 or three games.
    lmao
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    I actually worry about Orton more than I do Wrecksy.

    Although he doesn't scare me with the deep ball, he is pretty good at reading a D and getting the ball out to the short stuff most of the time.

    Maybe our S's can play a shorter zone because of that to our benifit, however, I still would rather see Wrecks out there mucking things up.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,543

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    Lovie had to make this move.
    Rex is better coming off the bench when they are behind.
    Orton is a 10 times better leader and manager of the game.
    Would love to hear what B-Train (Bernard Berrian) has to say about this.


    The Bears are a more dangerous team with Orton starting and Gross Man coming off the bench IMO...dangerous enough to win at least 4 games
    :-

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #25
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I actually worry about Orton more than I do Wrecksy.

    Although he doesn't scare me with the deep ball, he is pretty good at reading a D and getting the ball out to the short stuff most of the time.

    Maybe our S's can play a shorter zone because of that to our benifit, however, I still would rather see Wrecks out there mucking things up.
    :
    I disagree... if this RB they drafted is going to be their savior, they're going to need to pull guys out of the box.
    Like we found last year, when you have 8 or 9 guys in the box, short stuff gets awfully crowded.
    Hester is supposed to balance that out by stretching the field and pulling safeties out of the box.
    If Orton can't make those throws, he nullifies what Hester brings to the table.


    Orton and AaRod will both have the same problem, especially against the Vikes D.
    The CBs will play tight, the LBs will pick up the draws, screens, slants, and TEs which effectively removes the quick stuff meaning those 2 QBs behind bad O Lines and with weak receiving corps are going to have to make quick decisions to move the ball down field before the D Line crushes them.
    I see them both struggling with that and either forcing slants that are picked off by LBs jumping the routes, or throwing deep into double coverage in a panic.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I actually worry about Orton more than I do Wrecksy.

    Although he doesn't scare me with the deep ball, he is pretty good at reading a D and getting the ball out to the short stuff most of the time.

    Maybe our S's can play a shorter zone because of that to our benifit, however, I still would rather see Wrecks out there mucking things up.
    :
    I disagree... if this RB they drafted is going to be their savior, they're going to need to pull guys out of the box.
    Like we found last year, when you have 8 or 9 guys in the box, short stuff gets awfully crowded.
    Hester is supposed to balance that out by stretching the field and pulling safeties out of the box.
    If Orton can't make those throws, he nullifies what Hester brings to the table.


    Orton and AaRod will both have the same problem, especially against the Vikes D.
    The CBs will play tight, the LBs will pick up the draws, screens, slants, and TEs which effectively removes the quick stuff meaning those 2 QBs behind bad O Lines and with weak receiving corps are going to have to make quick decisions to move the ball down field before the D Line crushes them.
    I see them both struggling with that and either forcing slants that are picked off by LBs jumping the routes, or throwing deep into double coverage in a panic.
    A good analysis, however.......

    That OL isn't gonna give anybody time to throw anything deep, even in the intermediate range for that matter.
    They will have to rely on the short passing game this year and again, Orton is better at that than Wrecks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    As we found out, it doesn't take long for someone like Hester to get deep, especially on play action...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    As we found out, it doesn't take long for someone like Hester to get deep, especially on play action...
    As we saw in the SB, it doesn't matter who you have back there (Brady) and who is running the deep route (Moss), and again in the GB/49'rs pre-season game, if the QB is on his ass in 2 to 3 seconds it isn't gonna happen.
    :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    The kid has a hell of a W/L record.
    I never understood why they pulled him for Rexy in the first place.
    When your team is dominating the NFL, why make such a drastic change such as QB?
    Don't fix it if it isn't broke.


    I would rather face Wrecks twice a year than Orton.

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    The kid has a hell of a W/L record.
    I never understood why they pulled him for Rexy in the first place.
    When your team is dominating the NFL, why make such a drastic change such as QB?
    Don't fix it if it isn't broke.


    I would rather face Wrecks twice a year than Orton.
    Ya know, alot of people asked that very same question when it happened.
    I saw all kinds of responses from "You can't lose your job due to injury" to "He can throw it deep".

    My guess is they wanted to add the deep ball in the playoffs and it kindof backfired on them a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears QB Kyle Orton confounds Minnesota Vikings
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
  2. With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester
    By purplepowered in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
  3. Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings
    By NodakPaul in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
  4. Rookie Orton named Bears' starting quarterback
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
  5. TRADE FOR KYLE ORTON!
    By Mpalac4 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •