Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's ALL about OL!!!

That's why Childress is so focused on line play!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2505116&lpos=sp otlight&lid=tab5pos1
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: It's ALL about OL!!!

I take offense to that article as a former lineman because the O-lineman are not the "poorest athletes on the the field" they are the most skilled and have the best balanced footwork of anyone on the team. Besides all the sissy RB and QBs cannot do anything without the hogmollies upfront.

When will Len a.k.a Don Vito, realize that football games are won up front with skill and talent maybe they won't refer to them as "poor athletes."

It is nice to see the big guys get some press though.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i would say that punters and kickers are probably the poorest athletes on the field, then Olinemen come in #2.

comeon, think about it, name another position where the average player has less athletic ability than Olinemen??

maybe QB's

not trying to rag on the Olinemen, but when you're playing a sport with players who can do a 4.3 40 time, you can't expect to be put high on the list of most athletic positions. some Olinemen are very athletic, especially for their size, but the job of an Olineman is not to be athletic, its tobe quick out of your stance, to open holes for your runningback, and protect your QB.

WR's are amazingly athletic. they've got speed and moves and would absolutely own any Olineman in any running related activity. same with runningbacks. DB's have to keep up with these WR's so they are also very athletic. LB's have to keep up with runningbacks so they are also very athletic. the only skill position that lineman could be more athletic than are pocket passing QB's like peyton manning. obviously players like Vick would own a lineman, because even DB's and LB's have trouble keeping up with him.

Glad to see you guys sticking up for the big guys up front!!! Frankly, I thought that this article would get more commentary!

Blog Entries

i agree olinemen are one of the most important positions. look at the vikings season last year, they had one of the worst lines, and look how they played. once they got their act together, the offense started playing better. i honestly think, Oline, Dline, punter and Kicker are some of the most important positions. look at all the teams with all-star recievers, QB's and RB's, they do well, but none of the recent superbowl winning teams had allstar recievers or QB's (i consider Tom Brady a game manager, and a product of the system, but not an elite QB, same with roethlisberger)

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i agree olinemen are one of the most important positions. look at the vikings season last year, they had one of the worst lines, and look how they played. once they got their act together, the offense started playing better. i honestly think, Oline, Dline, punter and Kicker are some of the most important positions. look at all the teams with all-star recievers, QB's and RB's, they do well, but none of the recent superbowl winning teams had allstar recievers or QB's (i consider Tom Brady a game manager, and a product of the system, but not an elite QB, same with roethlisberger)
    TRUE THAT!!! :thumbleft:

Blog Entries

glad someone agrees with me. i'm sick of people saying when i ask who's the best QB, they always say Brady, and now Roethlisberger. funny how whoever wins the superbowl, that QB becomes the best. had the Steelers lost the superbowl, i bet you everyone would be on hassleback's ass saying that he's the best QB in the league.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Man.. O-line has some crazy atheletes. They have to be not only a wall to stop the D-line, but a wall that can create holes for their back to get through.

Raw physical strength is needed. It is the most physical position.. Tied with D-line.

Now the backs and receivers are the most finessed positions, requiring skill, not just brute force.

psh, o-line is the least atheletic, it's TIED FOR FIRST..

IMHO
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    glad someone agrees with me. i'm sick of people saying when i ask who's the best QB, they always say Brady, and now Roethlisberger. funny how whoever wins the superbowl, that QB becomes the best. had the Steelers lost the superbowl, i bet you everyone would be on hassleback's jiggly butt saying that he's the best QB in the league.
    Well, you have Packer fans in your corner too...of course, they all think that Bretty Boy is the BEST QB every year!!!!

Yeah, the best at throwing INTs!!! :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    glad someone agrees with me. i'm sick of people saying when i ask who's the best QB, they always say Brady, and now Roethlisberger. funny how whoever wins the superbowl, that QB becomes the best. had the Steelers lost the superbowl, i bet you everyone would be on hassleback's jiggly butt saying that he's the best QB in the league.
    Well, you have Packer fans in your corner too...of course, they all think that Bretty Boy is the BEST QB every year!!!!

Yeah, the best at throwing INTs!!! :lol:
    They didn't think Farvetard was that great without an O-Line last year. :evil4:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast