HAHAHAHA Marrdro has lost his mind

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Issac Bruce to retire a Ram

that happened long ago, 'my friend'.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He's just trying to have a football discussion don't pick on him anymore :lol:

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Hot + Bruce = Proof that WR's can carry a QB.
    hmm... so Kurt Warner is no good theN?
    Even though I liked what Warner did with the Rams as well as the Cards, one has to then step back and ask what happened to him when he was on the Giants?

In short, you give a QB cats like Fitz/Bolden or Bruce/Holt, and a QB can look very very very good.
    like you can hold that against him.

9 games, 2000 yards and 6 TD's and an 86 QB rating, all with a terrible, terrible OL.

He actually didn't do THAT bad considering. over the course of a full season, that would translate to roughly 3600 yards.

Thats what happens when you put an old, immobile guy behind a terrible line.
    Could that rationale be applied to a young inexperience QB behind a terrible OL? :huh:

Banish the thought.
    if it were an isolated, one time thing? Sure. I have a feeling the young inexperienced QB you refer to had many chances to succeed and didn't.

Warner Has played great more times than not, and was even acceptable behind a terrible OL with Toomer as his primary weapon.
    I love the "He had many chances" line. You must think the Vikes were full up round and ready to go when it was gutted then to. LOL.

As to Warner. He dissapeared when he left the Rams and was anything but acceptable.
    bullshit. As caine pointed out, every other QB we've signed, all of whom have been terrible have been able to out-perform TJ with the exact same team around them.

But back to your Warner Logic. I guess taht means that Moss is crap right? Sinc ehe 'disappeared' in oakland. Or that Jerry Rice is nothing special, since he 'disappeared' in Seattle.

Do receivers make a QB look better? Absolutely, you'd be stupid to think otherwise, but Warner is not solely a product of the system. The reason he couldn't make New York into contenders is becausee that whole team sucked. You can add a guy like Warner who can give players opportunities, but if they can't take advantage, it kinda limits what they can do.
    There were some flaws in Caines logic. For one he used stats for some QB's and records for others, picking and choosing what fit his argument.
    Your right about Warner though, a damn fine QB.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Even though I liked what Warner did with the Rams as well as the Cards, one has to then step back and ask what happened to him when he was on the Giants?

In short, you give a QB cats like Fitz/Bolden or Bruce/Holt, and a QB can look very very very good.

9 games, 2000 yards and 6 TD's and an 86 QB rating, all with a terrible, terrible OL.

He actually didn't do THAT bad considering. over the course of a full season, that would translate to roughly 3600 yards.

Could that rationale be applied to a young inexperience QB behind a terrible OL? :huh:

Banish the thought.
    if it were an isolated, one time thing? Sure. I have a feeling the young inexperienced QB you refer to had many chances to succeed and didn't.

Warner Has played great more times than not, and was even acceptable behind a terrible OL with Toomer as his primary weapon.
    I love the "He had many chances" line. You must think the Vikes were full up round and ready to go when it was gutted then to. LOL.

As to Warner. He dissapeared when he left the Rams and was anything but acceptable.
    bullshit. As caine pointed out, every other QB we've signed, all of whom have been terrible have been able to out-perform TJ with the exact same team around them.

But back to your Warner Logic. I guess taht means that Moss is crap right? Sinc ehe 'disappeared' in oakland. Or that Jerry Rice is nothing special, since he 'disappeared' in Seattle.

Do receivers make a QB look better? Absolutely, you'd be stupid to think otherwise, but Warner is not solely a product of the system. The reason he couldn't make New York into contenders is becausee that whole team sucked. You can add a guy like Warner who can give players opportunities, but if they can't take advantage, it kinda limits what they can do.
    And to add to that, that Giants O-line and receiving group were nowhere near as good as the Vikings while TJ was the QB.

Take a look at Arizona's O-line last year. They were horrible. Yes, Warner had a good receiving group, but it's not like he was carried by an amazing team.

Just watch the man play. See how quick that ball gets out of his hands. See the way he reads defenses and makes throws. Then put up some tape from TJ's games. It's really not close.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Banish the thought.

And to add to that, that Giants O-line and receiving group were nowhere near as good as the Vikings while TJ was the QB.

Take a look at Arizona's O-line last year. They were horrible. Yes, Warner had a good receiving group, but it's not like he was carried by an amazing team.

Just watch the man play. See how quick that ball gets out of his hands. See the way he reads defenses and makes throws. Then put up some tape from TJ's games. It's really not close.
    good point, I'd take our receivers and OL 4 years ago over who the Giants had then. Vikings were a much better team than the Giants of that year, yet our QB couldn't put up much, granted he was essentially a rookie though.

V4L

Although I have no idea what we are arguing.. I looked up the rosters of Kurt Warners year in NY, and Jackson's first year

I do have to say with my average NFL knowledge.. There is no way I would take the Vikes offense that year over the Giants

Vikings offense- Chester Taylor, Travis Taylor, Williamson, Robinson.. And a O-line by commity with Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, Hicks.. Ryan cook.. TEs Jermaine Wiggins on a decline and a blockin TE in Jimmy.. Etc

Giants- Shockey, Tiki Barber, WRs a wash IMO Id give the nod to Hilliard and Toomer though over Robinson and Taylor.. The line basically a wash except they were more consistant.. I would take O'hara, Diehl, Snee, Whittle, Petigout over that line we had any day.. WE had Hutch, Birk and McKinnie who started all games.. But Birk clearly wasn't the same and mac still to this day has slow feet

So to say Warner had a shitty offense is bunk.. Both had flaws.. But I really see no point in comparing the two.. 2 seperate years.. Warner is a future HOF'er.. Jackson was a rookie on a far worse offense IMO

V4L

Although I have no idea what we are arguing.. I looked up the rosters of Kurt Warners year in NY, and Jackson's first year

I do have to say with my average NFL knowledge.. There is no way I would take the Vikes offense that year over the Giants

Vikings offense- Chester Taylor, Travis Taylor, Williamson, Robinson.. And a O-line by commity with Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, Hicks.. Ryan cook.. TEs Jermaine Wiggins on a decline and a blockin TE in Jimmy.. Etc

Giants- Shockey, Tiki Barber, WRs a wash IMO Id give the nod to Hilliard and Toomer though over Robinson and Taylor.. The line basically a wash except they were more consistant.. I would take O'hara, Diehl, Snee, Whittle, Petigout over that line we had any day.. WE had Hutch, Birk and McKinnie who started all games.. But Birk clearly wasn't the same and mac still to this day has slow feet

So to say Warner had a shitty offense is bunk.. Both had flaws.. But I really see no point in comparing the two.. 2 seperate years.. Warner is a future HOF'er.. Jackson was a rookie on a far worse offense IMO

V4L

V4L

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast