AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

International Series 2009 - part fact/ part rumour

Remember the first part is fact and the second part is speculation only - so bear this in mind.

*Fact*
    during the Sky Sports live programme last night they took a call from Alistair Kirkwood from NFLUK who confirmed that the teams for at least one international game at Wembley next year had been confirmed - with the possibility of a second game but that is not definite. It also seems that the teams for this game will be announced in the first week of December. Kirkwood was very excited about the teams that would be over in the same way as he was with the Chargers/Saints game and the prospect of the LT/Bush matchup. For sure it is going to be an NFC/AFC matchup.

*Speculation*..... no firm proof or evidence !!!
    as expected the boards at NFLUK are buzzing as to who may or may not be the teams involved. One rumour doing the rounds is that it will be the AFCN v the NFCN, based on tit bits people have gathered from various sources etc over the last couple of months.
    So give the high profile that Peterson has in the league and his marketability then I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that the Vikes will be the NFCN team. A close second would the Packers due to the interest that Lord Favre generated when he was with the team but I'm not sure that Rodgers has the same marketing clout for the league that Peterson has.. but we shall see.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: International Series 2009 - part fact/ part rumour

So will our season tickets be cheaper next year then if that is indeed the case?
    Losing a home game and all?
    (assuming the Vikes would be chosen as the "home" team at Wembly.
    I have no idea how they make those determinations.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    So will our season tickets be cheaper next year then if that is indeed the case?
    Losing a home game and all?
    (assuming the Vikes would be chosen as the "home" team at Wembly.
    I have no idea how they make those determinations.
    if anything it should be the AFC team that is the 'home' team, this year it was the Saints and last year the Dolphins so I'd expect it to be the AFC again next year.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Remember the first part is fact and the second part is speculation only - so bear this in mind.

*Fact*
    during the Sky Sports live programme last night they took a call from Alistair Kirkwood from NFLUK who confirmed that the teams for at least one international game at Wembley next year had been confirmed - with the possibility of a second game but that is not definite. It also seems that the teams for this game will be announced in the first week of December. Kirkwood was very excited about the teams that would be over in the same way as he was with the Chargers/Saints game and the prospect of the LT/Bush matchup. For sure it is going to be an NFC/AFC matchup.

*Speculation*..... no firm proof or evidence !!!
    as expected the boards at NFLUK are buzzing as to who may or may not be the teams involved. One rumour doing the rounds is that it will be the AFCN v the NFCN, based on tit bits people have gathered from various sources etc over the last couple of months.
    So give the high profile that Peterson has in the league and his marketability then I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that the Vikes will be the NFCN team. A close second would the Packers due to the interest that Lord Favre generated when he was with the team but I'm not sure that Rodgers has the same marketing clout for the league that Peterson has.. but we shall see.
    It is NFCN vs. AFCN next year.
    Obviously, the most attractive team from the AFCN is Pittsburgh.
    I don't think it's even close.
    The Rooneys *owe* the NFL big-time for giving them this long to get their ownership snafu worked out - I could see them giving up a home game in return.
    Plus - the frigging Steelers travel great.
    I have no doubt they'd travel well to Wembley.

Peterson is the #1 name in the NFCN now.
    And if Zygi wants some love from the NFL in the form of stadium money, then smiling and nodding when they say "You guys can go" is in his best interests.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!