Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: International games in 2007

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I'd say that is impossible. Alone because of stadium conditions. How big a stadium do you think it would require anyway?

But there could be a bunch of Scandinavians if a game were played in Germany or Britain.
    I would guess that, to host a game, a stadium would need to seat at least 60,000.

A quick Google search (very quick) doesn't reveal anything like that in Norway.

=Z=
    I think you are right about Norway. Ullevaal is about 25.000

I can ad that here in Denmark - at the moment - we have a maximum stadium size of 41.600, in our national stadium, Parken

If we were to talk Sweeden, I think the biggest one would be Nya Ullevi, which is 43.000
    I believe it was '85 when the Vikes played the Bears in Sweden possibly Stockholm - is that where Nya Ullevi is located ?
    Not sure what the crowd size was then and if the stadium has been increased in size since then.
    No, Nya Ullevi is in Gothenburg. I think there are two staiums in Stockholm, but they are both smaller. We might have to have some of the Swedish members clear that up.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    That fact only fuelled speculation that Tanenbaum and Rogers are eyeing the Buffalo Bills, a team owned by 88-year-old Ralph Wilson and likely to be put up for sale after he dies.
    I wonder if the Bills are moved to Toronto, will OJ expand his search for the real killer to include Canadia?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I'd say that is impossible. Alone because of stadium conditions. How big a stadium do you think it would require anyway?

But there could be a bunch of Scandinavians if a game were played in Germany or Britain.
    I would guess that, to host a game, a stadium would need to seat at least 60,000.

A quick Google search (very quick) doesn't reveal anything like that in Norway.

=Z=
    I think you are right about Norway. Ullevaal is about 25.000

I can ad that here in Denmark - at the moment - we have a maximum stadium size of 41.600, in our national stadium, Parken

If we were to talk Sweeden, I think the biggest one would be Nya Ullevi, which is 43.000
    I believe it was '85 when the Vikes played the Bears in Sweden possibly Stockholm - is that where Nya Ullevi is located ?
    Not sure what the crowd size was then and if the stadium has been increased in size since then.
    No, Nya Ullevi is in Gothenburg. I think there are two staiums in Stockholm, but they are both smaller. We might have to have some of the Swedish members clear that up.
    Yeah, we have three soccerstadiums here in stockholm. The biggest one is råsunda has 37000 seats but about 1000 of them is not sold because of security or obstructed views. Then next in size is only taking 16000 seats and the last one only around 14000.

Its a cool thing, but frankly the franchises has to loose money on this and as vikings has the lowest revenues in NFL i would hate if that would make a toll on the ability to enlist good coaches and players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123