Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: International games in 2007

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I think you might end up being right.

The NFL has it's darlings. History shows that, and theres no reason why it should change.

But hey, that could probably get the Vikings to Europe. And though it is bad for our team, I'll be there for sure.
    Well I know that looking at the forums on NFLUK that any games in the UK will be sell-outs. The general consensus seems to be that people will attend the games regardless of who is playing and what NFL team they follow themselves. Given the short trips involved in travelling anywhere in Europe then getting a ticket for the game could be very hard indeed. I'd be gutted if the Vikes were playing in Europe and I couldn't get a ticket for the game - especially knowing that there were non-Viking fans at the game
    I can see how that could be a problem. It would be like the trouble involved in getting World Cup tickets.

But lets deal with those problems if and when we've got a game at our hands.
    true.. could be a nice problem to have to deal with .. maybe could get that game in and STILL get out to Minny for another
    ;D
    wife permitting of course ...lol
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    In theory the idea sounds good, especially if money is the bottom-line.
    The teams that have to play overseas are at a disadvantage though.
    They have to deal with all the stresses of being in another country, lose home field advantage, and tack on more travel time which results in less preparation for the next game.
    What I heard is that they will schedule teams for a game overseas and then have them on the BYE next week, so they'll get the extra time to recover after the game.

I think it's a dumb idea anyway, but if they do the thing with the byes to minimize the impact, they can certainly grow the game.
    I've got no problems with games in Canadia or Mexico.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"cogitans" wrote:
    But hey, that could probably get the Vikings to Europe. And though it is bad for our team, I'll be there for sure.
    Can you imagine the homecoming for the Vikings in Norway before a packed crowd of raging Norwegians, all waving lutefisk??

=Z=

Blog Entries

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Can you imagine the homecoming for the Vikings in Norway before a packed crowd of raging Norwegians, all waving lutefisk??

=Z=
    LOL
    if only... somehow I think that Germany would be the strong favourite, given the heavy bias with NFLE teams there, to host the first game. Then would be possibly Amsterdam followed by the UK, as the Admirals have a NFLE team still.
    Thats for 2007, maybe the year after the UK could get the game - especially if they have finally finished building Wembley Stadium
    :

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It will be entertaining.
    I'll probably try to get to the first game in Mexico.
    The bye idea makes sense.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    LOL
    if only... somehow I think that Germany would be the strong favourite, given the heavy bias with NFLE teams there, to host the first game. Then would be possibly Amsterdam followed by the UK, as the Admirals have a NFLE team still.
    Thats for 2007, maybe the year after the UK could get the game - especially if they have finally finished building Wembley Stadium
    :
    Well, good.
    Send them the Raiders.
    The Vikings MUST play in Norway!

SKOL!

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    I'd say that is impossible. Alone because of stadium conditions. How big a stadium do you think it would require anyway?

But there could be a bunch of Scandinavians if a game were played in Germany or Britain.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    I'd say that is impossible. Alone because of stadium conditions. How big a stadium do you think it would require anyway?

But there could be a bunch of Scandinavians if a game were played in Germany or Britain.
    I would guess that, to host a game, a stadium would need to seat at least 60,000.

A quick Google search (very quick) doesn't reveal anything like that in Norway.

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I would guess that, to host a game, a stadium would need to seat at least 60,000.

=Z=
    I think you are right about Norway. Ullevaal is about 25.000

I can ad that here in Denmark - at the moment - we have a maximum stadium size of 41.600, in our national stadium, Parken

If we were to talk Sweeden, I think the biggest one would be Nya Ullevi, which is 43.000

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    I think you are right about Norway. Ullevaal is about 25.000

I can ad that here in Denmark - at the moment - we have a maximum stadium size of 41.600, in our national stadium, Parken

If we were to talk Sweeden, I think the biggest one would be Nya Ullevi, which is 43.000
    I believe it was '85 when the Vikes played the Bears in Sweden possibly Stockholm - is that where Nya Ullevi is located ?
    Not sure what the crowd size was then and if the stadium has been increased in size since then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast