V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Insider: The risk-reward of drafting RBs

Marrdro wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    ......snip.....My concern this year is backups at DT, ....snip.....
    When was the last time I told you that you are wise beyond your years my friend?

Not many see it that way by the way.
    I sure as hell don't. If we assume that KWill and Phat Pat are playing (which it does appear they are) then I'm perfectly happy with Jimmy Kennedy, Fred Evans and Letroy Guion (with some Brian Robison mixed in there for speed).

=Z=
    You are correct, if they play. I think we are probably gonna see them play, however, the league (because of the loophole) could get them suspended this year.

The other side of it is that with Phat Pat out we really don't have a 0 technique guy that can take those reps so in essence, Phat Pat has to play all running plays. If I was a D-coord I would be able to game plan around that "Tell" a bit.

And.....if you take it one step further, we really don't have anyone lined up for next year when he retires. I know most look only at this year, but you know I kindof look at things a bit differently. I would have liked to see someone in there this year watching the big fella so they wouldn't have to go it alone next year without the benifit of watching him work his craft.

I would agree with you but Pat sat out ALOT last year

Jimmy filled in nicely at NT.. If Pat is out for 4 games I don't think Jimmy would be THAT much of drop off
    JK took 275 snaps last year.
    Phat Pat took 494 last year and 550 the year before and 585 the year before that.
    K-dub took 871 last year and 939 the year before and 635 the year before that.

Phat Pat isn't taking alot of Reps off my friend. I would venture to say that he is on almost every running play with the predominance of his snaps off being those related to situations were a pass is more likely to be called.

So the back up took about a little over more then half the snaps the starter did?

I'm more then comfortable wit JK.. DT isn't even a huge impact position anyway.. If Phat has to go for a few games JK is versitale and has shown he can step in and work with whatever technique he's been asked to

V4L

Also it's on my mind that you point out the o-line couldn't block for Favre

Yet as soon as there is something about Adrian doing something wrong it's all on him and no mention of how shitty the blocking was for him as well

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Last year, shoving Brink in there sure made me feel alot better.
    No love for Napo Harris?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

V4L wrote:

Yet as soon as there is something about Adrian doing something wrong it's all on him and no mention of how shitty the blocking was for him as well
    OL should be better with Sully and Load (ROOKIE) having a year as starters under their belt. Lets hope the sophmore improvement works its magic.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gagarr wrote:
    V4L wrote:

OL should be better with Sully and Load (ROOKIE) having a year as starters under their belt. Lets hope the sophmore improvement works its magic.
    I hope so. I don't like Sully, I don't think he did a good job, and I honestly don't think he'll become anything better than barely ok.

Load looks promising. With a year under the belt he should be able to improve and become pretty good for us. I'd even go as far as saying Load could be our best lineman.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

V4L wrote:

Run blocking definitely took a few steps back last year. Run blocking was shittier than pass blocking last year. Previous years, pass blocking was shittier than run blocking. Guess its too much to ask to be adequate in both phases.

I think that's why they drafted Toby "I don't need no stinking holes" Gerhart.

V4L

tastywaves wrote:
    V4L wrote:

Run blocking definitely took a few steps back last year. Run blocking was shittier than pass blocking last year. Previous years, pass blocking was shittier than run blocking. Guess its too much to ask to be adequate in both phases.

Yes sir

Just seemed the two big guys on the outsides couldn't seal the edge or get off their blocks quick enough to get them outside blitzers

The injuries to Hutch and Anthony along with the youth of Sullivan really showed

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

V4L wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V4L wrote:

Yes sir

Just seemed the two big guys on the outsides couldn't seal the edge or get off their blocks quick enough to get them outside blitzers

The injuries to Hutch and Anthony along with the youth of Sullivan really showed
    Hopefully its an area of focus this year. I don't have a lot of expectation on improvement from McKinnie, but Loadholt is young enough to get the benefit at this point.

Even with Favre, I think of us as a run first team. The next QB in the chain may change that, but for now, that should still be our core personality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123