Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Inside The NFC North - Detroit 2nd - Vikes Last

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/SPORTS0101/709050393/1126
    Of course you have to realize this is from a Detroit newspaper...
    In order of predicted finish

# Chicago Bears: QB Rex Grossman is still in the crosshairs -- he has had trouble handling the snap, but people who watched him say he's throwing better than ever. Cedric Benson has to carry the rushing load alone with Thomas Jones gone. The defense will be as strong as ever. The Bears are clearly the class of the North.

# Detroit Lions: They were 3-13 last year, which put them 10 games out of first place. They won't make up 10 games in a season, but they can rise out of last. Their secondary looms as the weak link, but the North isn't loaded with great, young quarterbacks. They can stop the run, throw the ball, and have got good special teams.

# Green Bay Packers: They won their last four games to finish 8-8. They got a scare in the exhibition season when WR Donald Driver injured a foot. The running game is a question mark. The bigger question mark -- every season -- is whether this is QB Brett Favre 's last.

# Minnesota Vikings: They played like the 2004 Lions -- fast start (4-2), fading finish (won two more games). Tarvaris Jackson is young, talented and raw as the starting quarterback. Chester Taylor and rookie Adrian Peterson could challenge the 1,000-yard rushing mark. The defense, led by a strong front four, was No. 1 vs. run.
    More...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Inside The NFC North - Detroit 2nd - Vikes Last

Thanks COJO.

Not a bad read my friend from a enemy source.
    Pretty standard but fair assesment.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

They haven't won more than 10 games in a season since 2000 (11-5), which is also the last year they made the playoffs. They've won nine twice and were 8-8 once.

thats just bad journalism

HELLO vikes beat packers in the playoffs 2004.
    Research the facts before you write

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/SPORTS0101/709050393/1126

# Chicago Bears: QB Rex Grossman is still in the crosshairs -- he has had trouble handling the snap, but people who watched him say he's throwing better than ever. Cedric Benson has to carry the rushing load alone with Thomas Jones gone. The defense will be as strong as ever. The Bears are clearly the class of the North.

# Detroit Lions: They were 3-13 last year, which put them 10 games out of first place. They won't make up 10 games in a season, but they can rise out of last. Their secondary looms as the weak link, but the North isn't loaded with great, young quarterbacks. They can stop the run, throw the ball, and have got good special teams.

# Green Bay Packers: They won their last four games to finish 8-8. They got a scare in the exhibition season when WR Donald Driver injured a foot. The running game is a question mark. The bigger question mark -- every season -- is whether this is QB Brett Favre 's last.

# Minnesota Vikings: They played like the 2004 Lions -- fast start (4-2), fading finish (won two more games). Tarvaris Jackson is young, talented and raw as the starting quarterback. Chester Taylor and rookie Adrian Peterson could challenge the 1,000-yard rushing mark. The defense, led by a strong front four, was No. 1 vs. run.
    More...
    Gotta sell some tickets to pay for Ford Field, I guess!

At least they got the Pukers in the right spot.

Cajunvike's predicted order of finish:

Vikes
    Bores
    Pukers
    Lyins
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Having lived in the Detroit area for 5 years . . . there is no such thing as "light blue" colored sunglassess when it comes to the LIONS.

Hell, they've got T-Shirts that say "REBUILDING SINCE 1957".

There must be something giving the city a buzz if someone is predicting a 2nd place finish!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

More...

Vikes
    Bores
    Pukers
    Lyins
    Vikes
    Lyins
    Bores
    Pukers

For some reason my gut is telling me the Detroit crowd might figure something out despite McMullet.
    They worry me more thatn the other 2.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

More...

Vikes
    Bores
    Pukers
    Lyins
    Vikes
    Lyins
    Bores
    Pukers

For some reason my gut is telling me the Detroit crowd might figure something out despite McMullet.
    They worry me more thatn the other 2.

:
    I think that the ONLY thing that YOUR gut is telling you is to give it more BEER!!!
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

LOL

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    LOL
    He is pretty funny for a lawyer isn't he.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i went bears, packers, vikings, lions.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast