Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Information, paranoia rule thoughts of many in NFL

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/07/06/cheating.nfl/index.html

[size=12pt]Information, paranoia rule thoughts of many in NFL[/size]
    By Don Banks
    Posted: Wednesday July 25, 2007 12:07PM; Updated: Wednesday July 25, 2007 2:03PM

Cheating in the NFL isn't what it once was. The league's institution of the K-ball program in recent years addressed the doctoring of footballs that was a routine practice of kickers and punters everywhere. And the pregame pat-down the officiating crew now gives offensive and defensive linemen eliminated the ability to grease up one's jersey in order to become too slick to contain.

But there are still some more subtle examples of surreptitious behavior going on in Roger Goodell's kingdom, if you know where to look. In talking with league sources, here are several areas where teams tend to go just over the line that separates strategy from subterfuge in seeking a competitive advantage:
    You'll have to click the link to read them!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Information, paranoia rule thoughts of many in NFL

Teams have also been chastised for having a second camera in the press box-area video box, with one camera shooting the game action and the other one being trained on the opposing team's signal-givers. On offense, that's why coaches have taken to holding their play-calling charts in front of their mouths when they're sending in the play to the quarterback via the radio headset system.
    Which is exactly why Chilly seems so paranoid about this. And yet the fans give him crap about it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

hmmm, very interesting...I still think the Giants were receiving our play calls directly in the Massacre of 2000...it just seemed like whatever we did, they were there waiting for us.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Very good article. Some of the things I had never thought of while others I knew about. I think the vikings need to wake up and start stealing signals/setting screens etc to get a competetive advantage. It's only cheating if you get caught right?

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very good article. Some of the things I had never thought of while others I knew about. I think the vikings need to wake up and start stealing signals/setting screens etc to get a competetive advantage. It's only cheating if you get caught right?
    There could be the possibility of that now.
    Tice could not even steal our own plays we were sending in. ;D

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wow, interesting read and certainly gives an insight into the mindset of the teams. With that much paranoia abouth then Zeus and Prophet would make great NFL coaches
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...