Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: If you get caught cheating on a test do they let you finish?

Well well well... looky here who is starting to stick their nose into Spygate... Goodell, you got some explaining to do..

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/sports/football/01nfl.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1&ref=sports&oref=slogi n

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee wants N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to explain why the league destroyed evidence related to spying by the New England Patriots.

New England Coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 by the N.F.L. after the Patriots were caught stealing defensive signals.
    In the stretch of 12 days, from Sept. 9 to Sept. 20, the Patriots were caught filming the Jets’ defensive signals in violation of N.F.L. rules, ordered to hand over all tapes of illegal filming to the league office, fined $750,000 and made to forfeit a first-round draft pick.
    Maybe there is more to the story than reported..

Then there is Matt Walsh whom is very afraid to speak... won't talk unless someone guarantees that they pick up his legal defense costs... Ummmm...

"PFTALK.com" wrote:
    Who's Matt Walsh, you ask?
    He was an employee of the New England Patriots from 1996 through 2003, spending most of his time there in the video department.
    I have said it before, they made it disappear awfully fast and for good reason.. * anyone?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    Well well well... looky here who is starting to stick their nose into Spygate... Goodell, you got some explaining to do..

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/sports/football/01nfl.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1&ref=sports&oref=slogi n

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee wants N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to explain why the league destroyed evidence related to spying by the New England Patriots.

New England Coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 by the N.F.L. after the Patriots were caught stealing defensive signals.
    In the stretch of 12 days, from Sept. 9 to Sept. 20, the Patriots were caught filming the Jets’ defensive signals in violation of N.F.L. rules, ordered to hand over all tapes of illegal filming to the league office, fined $750,000 and made to forfeit a first-round draft pick.

Then there is Matt Walsh whom is very afraid to speak... won't talk unless someone guarantees that they pick up his legal defense costs... Ummmm...

"PFTALK.com" wrote:
    He was an employee of the New England Patriots from 1996 through 2003, spending most of his time there in the video department.
    I have said it before, they made it disappear awfully fast and for good reason.. * anyone?
    I think because it will get to the bigger issue that all teams are/were doing it for years.

I just posted something in the other thread, but Howie Long and Jimmie Johnson made some comments that all teams do it, plus other things as well to get an edge.

Here is an article that kindof describes what Long said on the radio.

He was also on either Sportcenter or NFL Live or something like that talking about it as well and told they guy to interview Jimmie as well.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...801300363/1063
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:

"PFTALK.com" wrote:

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:

"PFTALK.com" wrote:
    I don't think we Senators getting involved with a football decision, or baseball for that matter. But I have wonder why everything was destroyed, and no information about what was on it was ever released.
    I almost understand the destroying the tapes, because if everyone saw them those teams that had been on the tapes would be at a dissadvantage. But Goodel should have told everyone what was on the tapes, how far they go back, how many there were, etc etc.
    It would be great if somebody with knowledge did talk, but I doubt anyone will any time soon. Although I wouldn't be suprised if ESPN or sports illustrated offered x amount of dollars to anyone with knowledge to talk.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

"PFTALK.com" wrote:
    I think because it will get to the bigger issue that all teams are/were doing it for years.

I just posted something in the other thread, but Howie Long and Jimmie Johnson made some comments that all teams do it, plus other things as well to get an edge.

Here is an article that kindof describes what Long said on the radio.

He was also on either Sportcenter or NFL Live or something like that talking about it as well and told they guy to interview Jimmie as well.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...801300363/1063
    If Goodale is covering up for multiple teams, then this is a conspiracy.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

Oh I agree.. I don't think the Pats were the only one, but yes Schultz, minus the tin hat , I do think that it was buried for a reason. Not that I agree with the a Senate hearing or investigation.. but it is apparent that the NFL wasn't going to address it themselves.

The NFL is given huge tax relief and other bene's, the least they could do is explain what was found, how deep it went and what impact it had on the game.

Otherwise, IMO, it hurts the integrity of the overall game..

Here is a little humor amount it though.

[youtube=425,355]ntw7G7enxEk[/youtube]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456