Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    toemaster6 is offline Rookie

If Red cared about his team all this time

If Red cared at all about the Vikes franchise why did he wait to open his pocketbook when he wasn't going to have to foot the bill. I thought good owners did what ever they could to make their franchise sucessful. :???:
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: If Red cared about his team all this time

Who says he cares?

H emay just be spending somebody elses' money.

What I was trying to say was this franchise has been a solid organization for many years and it just bothers me to a point that moves that were made now could have been made sooner to bring home the trophy. This franchise has been on the eve of that many times (4) over and if an owner really gave a s?^$t all along he would have made these things happen before he wanted to sell. I know drafting players like moss whom I personally have coveted and condemed were moves to make that happen but I didn't see alot of these moves being made sooner. It just would have been refreshing to see an owner make those moves working within salery cap so as not to be put into salery cap hell and put the talent on the field to make this happen. Doing this now when he won't have to spend a dime and he's made his money off the franchise big time is and should be a slap in the face of every Viking fan out there. I know business is business but where is the heart to own a Superbowl winning franchise and do what it takes to make that happen.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

ElBarto is offline Starter

"toemaster6" wrote:
    If Red cared at all about the Vikes franchise why did he wait to open his pocketbook when he wasn't going to have to foot the bill. I thought good owners did what ever they could to make their franchise sucessful. :???:
    Good owners do, Red though seemed to be more concerned with making his wallet successfull $$$$$$
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

Doesn't matter now I guess he will die in a few years anyway. Not to be rude but he ain't no spring chicken. Good rittens Red.

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

Del Rio Guest

Well he got some talent now. If we don't win with what we have who is going to get the blame this time?

If Red would have opened his pocketbook up every year this team would have cap problems every year. Red did spend alot his first few years then the cap problems hit. I give Red credit, he was a hell of alot better owner than the 10 headed monster group that owned the team before.
    Red put people in the seats, how many blackouts did we have with red owning the team??????
    Give the guy some credit, its not his fault our state reps in St. Paul are clueless, we should have had a stadium deal done by now for all three teams.
    Before you blast Red make sure you see what he has done for this team. I think red has been a good owner.
    You republican whore!

Del Rio Guest

I agree he has done some good things but I am sure you will not get much support on him being a good owner.

Ticket sales really do not help the fans. And if he sits on the money and does not utilize free agency it really does us no good.

But he did this year so we will see. I've never liked the guy but I know he does get the blame for a lot of stuff that isn't his fault because it is easy to blame him.

My biggest beef with him is the way he treats/Hires his coaches. If anything has hurt our team it was this.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I agree he has done some good things but I am sure you will not get much support on him being a good owner.

Ticket sales really do not help the fans. And if he sits on the money and does not utilize free agency it really does us no good.

But he did this year so we will see. I've never liked the guy but I know he does get the blame for a lot of stuff that isn't his fault because it is easy to blame him.

My biggest beef with him is the way he treats/Hires his coaches. If anything has hurt our team it was this.
    This is the proof that Red is a cheapskate....because the coaches's salaries DO NOT count against the salary cap!!! If he was really concerned with winning, he would go out and pay TOP dollar for the TOP coach that was available...not that I don't like Tice, but we all know that there are better coaches out there...if Red was truly not a tightwad, he would have already done this...he has not...'nuff said.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"toemaster6" wrote:
    Doesn't matter now I guess he will die in a few years anyway. Not to be rude but he ain't no spring chicken. Good rittens Red.
    Rittens???? Is that like mittens? Or kittens? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast