Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: if the pukers win it all, will brett retire?

Who is Brett Farve?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

this is the funniest thread ever....

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I have great respect for players like Brett because they are playing the game because they LOVE IT. Brett didn't come back this season because he knew he had a winning team. He came back...I believe... because Football means something more to him than Money/Fame etc. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the packers overall....Love it when we thump em! It's a great rivalry.

I think if Brett Retires (I believe He Will Regardless of Making It to S.B.) it will be because he simply can't compete any longer at a level he himself is comfortable with. He's taken a lot of hits and his age is starting to catch up with him too.

JMHO...I think he officially hangs it up after this season.

Cheers!
    Good analogy, but he is still playing at a high level and seems to enjoy the increased involvement in the playcalling.. bad news for the NFCN.. but Favre plays at least through his contract, through the 2009 season. Just a guess.
    IMO, Favre's loves the attention he draws contemplating retirement at the end of each & every year. He will again play the drama queen & prolong it again this season.

He has already delayed his decision of retirement over the past years beyond the draft, IMO directly affecting who GB decides to go after in the draft. So far since drafting Brooks, the Packers have banked on Favre returning, but had he retired in any of those years after the draft, he would have cost the Packers an opportunity to draft a QB.
    ummmm who is Brooks? did A. Rodgers change his name? ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jdvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I have great respect for players like Brett because they are playing the game because they LOVE IT. Brett didn't come back this season because he knew he had a winning team. He came back...I believe... because Football means something more to him than Money/Fame etc. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the packers overall....Love it when we thump em! It's a great rivalry.

I think if Brett Retires (I believe He Will Regardless of Making It to S.B.) it will be because he simply can't compete any longer at a level he himself is comfortable with. He's taken a lot of hits and his age is starting to catch up with him too.

JMHO...I think he officially hangs it up after this season.

Cheers!
    Good analogy, but he is still playing at a high level and seems to enjoy the increased involvement in the playcalling.. bad news for the NFCN.. but Favre plays at least through his contract, through the 2009 season. Just a guess.
    IMO, Favre's loves the attention he draws contemplating retirement at the end of each & every year. He will again play the drama queen & prolong it again this season.

He has already delayed his decision of retirement over the past years beyond the draft, IMO directly affecting who GB decides to go after in the draft. So far since drafting Brooks, the Packers have banked on Favre returning, but had he retired in any of those years after the draft, he would have cost the Packers an opportunity to draft a QB.
    ummmm who is Brooks? did A. Rodgers change his name? ;D
    LOL! I meant Aaron Rodgers.................same difference.
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    I have been hearing for years that Farve is gonna retire if he wins another super bowl. Considering the fact that unfortunately at least by record the pukers are one of the best teams in the NFC, they have a shot at going to the Super Bowl. Even though they would likely get slaughtered by whichever AFC team (pats or colts most likely) that made it, they could get lucky. What are peoples thoughts... will he or wont he?
    just wondering
    The only way the Packers win anything but an NFC Title (if that) is if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning retire to a commune together with Ricky Williams to grow pot and meditate on life.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

deadzone50 is offline Rookie

The only way the Vikes get a superbowl is if they move? Think about it, Minnesota sports teams are jinxed.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"deadzone50" wrote:
    The only way the Vikes get a superbowl is if they move? Think about it, Minnesota sports teams are jinxed.
    If Minnesota teams are jinxed, explain, please, the 1987 and 1991 Twins World Series titles.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "deadzone50" wrote:
    If Minnesota teams are jinxed, explain, please, the 1987 and 1991 Twins World Series titles.

=Z=
    Pohlad wasn't senile yet

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    He does love the game, but IMO, Favre's main reason to come back this year was to try & break all the records he can. That's been his goal for a long time.

He's taken more chances throwing the ball up for grabs & has tried forcing the ball more often than any QB I can remember in history.
    Remember all the whining and crying he did during the offseason trying to be smarter than the coaches when it came to who was on the team and who would be catching his balls (Heaaa heaaa he said balls
    ;D).
    I thought the world was ending in PUKER land when they didn't get Randy.

I gotta agree with Singer here.
    He is only here for the records.
    Just so happens the SILLY PUKERS are pulling a good year out of thier ass.

Not only that, he really craves the adulation that the silly PUKER fans dote on him.

He'll be back next year. win or loose.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    He does love the game, but IMO, Favre's main reason to come back this year was to try & break all the records he can. That's been his goal for a long time.

He's taken more chances throwing the ball up for grabs & has tried forcing the ball more often than any QB I can remember in history.
    Remember all the whining and crying he did during the offseason trying to be smarter than the coaches when it came to who was on the team and who would be catching his balls (Heaaa heaaa he said balls
    ;D).
    I thought the world was ending in PUKER land when they didn't get Randy.

I gotta agree with Singer here.
    He is only here for the records.
    Just so happens the SILLY PUKERS are pulling a good year out of thier ass.

Not only that, he really craves the adulation that the silly PUKER fans dote on him.

He'll be back next year. win or loose.

;D

Whats going on here Marr, usually we agree on most things, but as much as I hate Favre, I can't say he's in it for just the records.....

I believe he's in it for two reasons, one:
    He truly does love the game and doesn't know how to walk away from it, and 2: he's making a hell of alot of money by staying in......

Another thing I'll admit, he still has game.....He plays with alot of heart still and his arm is still strong and accurtate...

No, I'm not sniffing up to him, but just being honest,
    the guy is just plain good........I give him 2 more seasons, then he will pass the torch....

Plus I should add, with Cajun cheering him on during games, he may just bring home to more Rings.....LMAO

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast