Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

if the pukers win it all, will brett retire?

I have been hearing for years that Farve is gonna retire if he wins another super bowl. Considering the fact that unfortunately at least by record the pukers are one of the best teams in the NFC, they have a shot at going to the Super Bowl. Even though they would likely get slaughtered by whichever AFC team (pats or colts most likely) that made it, they could get lucky. What are peoples thoughts... will he or wont he?
    just wondering

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: if the pukers win it all, will brett retire?

I have great respect for players like Brett because they are playing the game because they LOVE IT. Brett didn't come back this season because he knew he had a winning team. He came back...I believe... because Football means something more to him than Money/Fame etc. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the packers overall....Love it when we thump em! It's a great rivalry.

I think if Brett Retires (I believe He Will Regardless of Making It to S.B.) it will be because he simply can't compete any longer at a level he himself is comfortable with. He's taken a lot of hits and his age is starting to catch up with him too.

JMHO...I think he officially hangs it up after this season.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Pull a John Elway and retire on top?

Favre will have to be wheeled off the field before retires.
    At least that is how it feels.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I have great respect for players like Brett because they are playing the game because they LOVE IT. Brett didn't come back this season because he knew he had a winning team. He came back...I believe... because Football means something more to him than Money/Fame etc. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the packers overall....Love it when we thump em! It's a great rivalry.
    He does love the game, but IMO, Favre's main reason to come back this year was to try & break all the records he can. That's been his goal for a long time.

He's taken more chances throwing the ball up for grabs & has tried forcing the ball more often than any QB I can remember in history.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Will they win it all?
    NO!
    Will they represent the NFC in the Super Bowl?
    NO!
    It will nice to see Favre retire.
    If nothing else it will get John Madden to stop acting like a jr. high girl with a crush on a guy.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He will retire when he is 29 days from turning 49.
    He wants to pas George Blanda

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

If he needs another SuperBowl before retiring, he's going to be playing for a long time.

Barring a serious injury, I don't see him retiring anytime soon.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

I think it's possible that he will retire if he and the Pack make it to the BIG SHOW and win it all! Why not? What better way to end a HEALTHY/OVER ACCOMPLISHED CAREER, than via the Lombardi "parade"?! I know I would. I'd want him to! He's had to deal w/ so much as a GB player...and for a guy who has LITERALLY put the green and gold dairyland on the map, I think he deserves nothing more than to finish on top!
    But, just like someone else stated: Brett loves the game too much...knowing him, he might retired ONLY when he really feels as though he has nothing left in him...and that could be, sadly/shockingly, a decade from now! LOL
    I honestly believe that Favre thinks he CAN mustard out another x-amount of years in the league. And if that happens, forget the Hall of Fame, the league will HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE to make up an even higher honor for him (and any other player, who's got the right *stuff*, to come) to have his name and face glazed!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

if the pack wins the super bowl i'll donate my cock to science, that's how confident they are going nowhere.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    I think it's possible that he will retire if he and the Pack make it to the BIG SHOW and win it all! Why not? What better way to end a HEALTHY/OVER ACCOMPLISHED CAREER, than via the Lombardi "parade"?! I know I would. I'd want him to! He's had to deal w/ so much as a GB player...and for a guy who has LITERALLY put the green and gold dairyland on the map, I think he deserves nothing more than to finish on top!
    But, just like someone else stated: Brett loves the game too much...knowing him, he might retired ONLY when he really feels as though he has nothing left in him...and that could be, sadly/shockingly, a decade from now! LOL
    I honestly believe that Favre thinks he CAN mustard out another x-amount of years in the league. And if that happens, forget the Hall of Fame, the league will HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE to make up an even higher honor for him (and any other player, who's got the right *stuff*, to come) to have his name and face glazed!

My god.. Is that you John Madden?
    :

No, seriously. Read that as if it were John Madden saying it. It sounds exactly like something he would say. A higher honor than the hall of fame for Favre. PLEASE!
    : :

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast