funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

If new evidence DID surface...

...that the Pats have been cheating prior to the SB vs the Rams what do you think the punishment should be?

If scandal like this happened in the NFL with indesputable evidence I think they should have their titles stripped.

They won 3 championships under BB, they convinced everyone that they are a near indestructable team.
    If it turns out that they have been cheating for years and years, then over that time they would have hindered multiple teams in their own quests to win the SB through cheating.
    If it turns out that they took other teams out of the SB race through cheating then they should have their titles stripped.

Now i know that there is next to no chance that this kind of evidence will ever be found or acted upon in this way, but I'm jsut putting in my 2 cents.
    The more I see the more I think BB has built his career on cheating and decieving.
    He couldn't get anything big started up in Cleveland, so he decided to go a different route in NE.

Also noteworthy, The Pats scored less than their average point total (season) every game in the post season this year, capping it off with the 14 points VS the Giants, who they scored 38 points against in week 17.
    Could it be possible that with the exposure of "spygate" and all of the attention on one game that BB tried to win the SB without using his knowledge of defensive signals?
    It was evident watching the game that the Pats were frusterated and confused since the very beginning.
    It seemed like they were kinda "out of their element".
    Also, the o line and Brady could not tell when they were going to be blitzing w/o the signals, which was a HUGE factor in the game.

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist now, but with the way things unfolded it looks to me like BB tried to win the last one w/o using his knowledge of the signals in fear that he would get caught in the biggest game of the year.
    Then he was so disgusted with how the game went when he did not cheat, so he ran off the field as fast as possible.
    Now all of the players are in hybernation because THEY know why they lost, but they don't want to have to lie to the media.

I know I am going to get ripped apart, but those are my thoughts.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: If new evidence DID surface...

lol, I think the punishment should be giving Belicheck the boot from the NFL along with a nice chunky fine...and anyone else playin a big role in it to..., and if the evidence showed they actually cheated in those superbowls...forfeit the trophy and the games....i know my opinion might be a tad much...but thats what i'd do...even if it is a little too much, i don't like belicheck...not one bit!
    :P

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    lol, I think the punishment should be giving Belicheck the boot from the NFL along with a nice chunky fine...and anyone else playin a big role in it to..., and if the evidence showed they actually cheated in those superbowls...forfeit the trophy and the games....i know my opinion might be a tad much...but thats what i'd do...even if it is a little too much, i don't like belicheck...not one bit!
    :P
    Agree with every word.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

- oh...and take their first round pick away...and as an added bonus, make Bill hand write an apology letter to each player and staff member of every NFL team
    ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I would make it simple, tough to repair the past.
    Use something similar to the NCAA and ban the franchise from competing in postseason play for X yrs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think the NFL should move their stadium to Minnesota as punishment and move the Dome to NE and make them play in it. That should be enough.