Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think the reason he went out there was because after that incompletion there was no time on the clock. He shouldn't have left when they put more time on, but I do see his side.
    But the ref got in front of him and said the game wasn't over.

    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  2. #12
    eelpout72's Avatar
    eelpout72 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    245

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "happy" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think the reason he went out there was because after that incompletion there was no time on the clock. He shouldn't have left when they put more time on, but I do see his side.
    But the ref got in front of him and said the game wasn't over.

    im surprised that he didnt throw the ref to the ground like he did to that cameraman who got in his way last year


  3. #13
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    he is below dirt to me
    i had no respect for him before this
    but some how this makes him worse in my book
    goodell should do something about this.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #14
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    I know most of us don't like Belichick, but IMHO, this didn't bother me that he left early. They were out of downs, no chance to get the ball back, and the game was over, except for :01. As Cojo said, when Randy left the field, there was still a chance we would recover the onside.

    I don't agree that he dissed Coughlin...he met him, shook hands, hugged him and spoke to him...who knows what he said. There are a lot of other things Belichick has done that bother me a lot more than this...but he's a very easy target for the hostilities.
    Mike I agree that one second really isn't that much to get wound up about, however my issue is that time after time this year with the game in hand and mere minutes left on the clock.. he kept pressing and scoring. Then pointed to how the game wasn't over and what did you expect him to do. The other coach couldn't throw his arms up, run to the center of the field to shake hands and retreat to safety.

    They caught him on the sidelines and told him there was time left on the clock, his defensive players had to could back out for the formalities, what makes him any different.

    Then he blasts his team in the locker room and says he is embarrassed by them. Then basically pouts in his post game conference and hasn't so much as uddered a statement today. Poor sportsmanship all the way around. IMO.

    But again, I agree the NFL should have just allowed the second to pass without the snap in the first place. But IMO, if your team has to take the field, you as the coach should be right there by their sides as a team, even if he was embarrassed by them.

    Oh yeah.. and it is true.. I dislike the hoodie wearing jerk.
    pack, you make some very good points...while I was only referring to the :01, there were many inconsistencies on his part, and unsportsmanlike behavior as you mentioned, especially watching a classy guy like Joe Gibbs so embarrassed after a run-up. As I say, I don't like many of the things Belichick has done, but this didn't bother me as much (although I don't condone it).
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    I know most of us don't like Belichick, but IMHO, this didn't bother me that he left early. They were out of downs, no chance to get the ball back, and the game was over, except for :01. As Cojo said, when Randy left the field, there was still a chance we would recover the onside.

    I don't agree that he dissed Coughlin...he met him, shook hands, hugged him and spoke to him...who knows what he said. There are a lot of other things Belichick has done that bother me a lot more than this...but he's a very easy target for the hostilities.
    Mike I agree that one second really isn't that much to get wound up about, however my issue is that time after time this year with the game in hand and mere minutes left on the clock.. he kept pressing and scoring. Then pointed to how the game wasn't over and what did you expect him to do. The other coach couldn't throw his arms up, run to the center of the field to shake hands and retreat to safety.

    They caught him on the sidelines and told him there was time left on the clock, his defensive players had to come back out for the formalities, what makes him any different.
    I didn't mind the running up the score thing at all, and I don't think this is related to that.
    But I do think this was pretty low class.


    It's not that he was disrespectful to the Giants or Coughlin.
    He went over to shake hands, and it looked like he gave the perfunctory congratulations.
    I don't think Coughlin was looking for another one after the game actually ended.

    It's also not that I can't understand what happened.
    He thought the game had ended.
    Players and coaches started meandering towards the middle of the field.

    But he completely disregarded the instructions of an official.
    We all saw the official step up and talk to him, and he obviously was told that the game wasn't over.
    Instead of doing what he was supposed to do as a head coach in the NFL, he ignored the official and left.
    Belichick continues to be his own highest authority with this, just like the cheating stuff and just like Moss when he walked off.
    It doesn't matter if the game is out of reach or not.
    Player or coach, if the game is still on and you're not hurt, then you should be out there.
    I don't like it one bit.

    Then he blasts his team in the locker room and says he is embarrassed by them. Then basically pouts in his post game conference and hasn't so much as uddered a statement today. Poor sportsmanship all the way around. IMO.
    I didn't hear anything about the locker room speech.
    Is there a video or an article about it?
    I'd be interested to see that if there is.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.
    From the article.

    That is what I said earlier in another thread.

    When I saw Buttcheck run onto the field, I initially thought it was him conceding the game.
    But, I can see where this could be misconstrued.
    I think that he was just admitting defeat which isn't that disrespectful as the leader of men.
    I think we might be making a bigger deal out of this than we should.
    Just like the Moss and Favre deals were blown out of proportion.

    The problem I see in all this is that Buttcheck is such a sore loser that he appears child like.
    Also, he seems to think he makes the rules, which leads me to believe that the spygate stuff is real.
    He is above what others think and therefore he might think he is above following rules of sportsmanship that make up a level playing field.


  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    Simple question... but where was this version of Belichik when he coached the Browns?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "C" wrote:
    Simple question... but where was this version of Belichik when he coached the Browns?
    He was there, but he didn't have a budget for Video equipment.

    Plus Parcells primed that team.
    Parcells primed NE (Buttcheck ran with it), Jets (Herm ruined it), and the Cowboys (Phillips will ruin it).

  9. #19
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.
    From the article.

    That is what I said earlier in another thread.

    When I saw Buttcheck run onto the field, I initially thought it was him conceding the game.
    But, I can see where this could be misconstrued.

    I think that he was just admitting defeat which isn't that disrespectful as the leader of men.
    I think we might be making a bigger deal out of this than we should.
    Just like the Moss and Favre deals were blown out of proportion.

    The problem I see in all this is that Buttcheck is such a sore loser that he appears child like.

    Also, he seems to think he makes the rules, which leads me to believe that the spygate stuff is real.
    He is above what others think and therefore he might think he is above following rules of sportsmanship that make up a level playing field.

    I thought the same thing...however, this is not Match Play golf.
    Conceding is not an option.
    He's an asshat.
    If he conceded the game, perhaps he can clarify that to the Commissioner's satisfaction.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #20
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

    The Boston globe apparently feel out of love with Billy Boy... almost every article is full of barbs of embarrassment of how Belichick has represented the Patriots.. can you say.. throwing him under the bus with honesty.

    I'll say it right now.. I think Bill's days in New England are over. If the press and fans turn on him, Kraft and his ever so precious image will throw Billy under the bus as well.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You SHALL NOT TAPE Bill Belichick!
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  2. Coach Bill Belichick scouts a new prospect
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
  3. Leave Bill Belichick alone
    By jdvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
  4. Bill Belichick at Time's 100 Most Influential Party
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
  5. Bill Belichick
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •