Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

Nice short read and very truthful... what a classless pile of elephant dung Belichick is proving to be... I hope people run the score up everytime they can on his teams, whether in New England or a pop warner team after he gets kicked out of the NFL. Randy is now excused.. Bill let him off the hook.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath;_ylt=ApWIxPBQ7spffl2KmpGXI6w5nYcB?urn=nfl,649 71

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

I saw that happen, that's just disrespectful, and exactly what randy pulled in '04, i just can't stand Belichick, what a baby...nobody to blame but himself...get over yourself Bill...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

The double standard this guy gets vs "bad guy" players is a joke.
    Wah, I lost the game, wah, wah..... :'(.
    Very disappointing, is that what a "man" does?
    Was he "sending a message," as a protest to a bad call (that I obviously missed), or something elitest or royal?
    What a complete, classless move that was.
    I should hope he is chastised, called out, editorialized about, many multiples of Randy Moss...we all make mistakes, but that was BUSH LEAGUE.

Buck up Belicheat, you got outcoached and your team was outplayed.
    The Team that deserved to win the game did.
    Let me know how that Trademark request is working out for you and Kraft.
    What an asshat
    :

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm certainly not trying to defend that classless coach, but when Randy left there was still a very slim chance the Vikes could win.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

sheepdog is offline Waterboy

we all rant about how the players are such bad role models, but now i see where they get it, that was so JV , in fact if a player had done that , ala Randy there would be a huge outcry, i hope people had the sense to tell their children that what he did was not the way to act , of course , i'm sure the NE fand are explaining this away, just the same way they did with spygate,classless

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

As the writer points out...he is a leader of men, the man in charge of "the ideal team."
    Walking off before the game was over was UNACCEPTABLE ON ALL LEVELS.
    I hope Goodell spanks him HARD again.
    If he worked in my organization, he'd be mine.
    His conduct is an embarrassment to sportsmanhip and on the biggest stage of them all...contrast that with Big Ben waiting to congratulate David Garrard after the Jags beat the Steelers in this year's playoffs.

Please, on the most basic of all sporting levels...you simply don't do that.
    He's an asshat.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I know most of us don't like Belichick, but IMHO, this didn't bother me that he left early. They were out of downs, no chance to get the ball back, and the game was over, except for :01. As Cojo said, when Randy left the field, there was still a chance we would recover the onside.

I don't agree that he dissed Coughlin...he met him, shook hands, hugged him and spoke to him...who knows what he said. There are a lot of other things Belichick has done that bother me a lot more than this...but he's a very easy target for the hostilities.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm certainly not trying to defend that classless coach, but when Randy left there was still a very slim chance the Vikes could win.
    Could have been a bad snap between eli's legs scoop up for a TD or a review from the booth(12 men), just saying.

Also I think that Bill went out on the field with one second left, which ultimately delayed the end of the game. Plus Bill is the head coach, he is suppose to be the leader, the proffessional. I watched Randy start to follow him and then stop and I said, "Randy will never leave the field early again".

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think the reason he went out there was because after that incompletion there was no time on the clock. He shouldn't have left when they put more time on, but I do see his side.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I know most of us don't like Belichick, but IMHO, this didn't bother me that he left early. They were out of downs, no chance to get the ball back, and the game was over, except for :01. As Cojo said, when Randy left the field, there was still a chance we would recover the onside.

I don't agree that he dissed Coughlin...he met him, shook hands, hugged him and spoke to him...who knows what he said. There are a lot of other things Belichick has done that bother me a lot more than this...but he's a very easy target for the hostilities.
    Mike I agree that one second really isn't that much to get wound up about, however my issue is that time after time this year with the game in hand and mere minutes left on the clock.. he kept pressing and scoring. Then pointed to how the game wasn't over and what did you expect him to do. The other coach couldn't throw his arms up, run to the center of the field to shake hands and retreat to safety.

They caught him on the sidelines and told him there was time left on the clock, his defensive players had to come back out for the formalities, what makes him any different.

Then he blasts his team in the locker room and says he is embarrassed by them. Then basically pouts in his post game conference and hasn't so much as uddered a statement today. Poor sportsmanship all the way around. IMO.

But again, I agree the NFL should have just allowed the second to pass without the snap in the first place. But IMO, if your team has to take the field, you as the coach should be right there by their sides as a team, even if he was embarrassed by them.

Oh yeah.. and it is true.. I dislike the hoodie wearing jerk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast