Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "adamv" wrote:
    That fish is no McKinnie, not even a P Williams...possibly a Birk though.
    this however is a McKinnie
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/
    are you sure that's not phat pat?

    DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

  2. #12
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

    That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.
    I release fish all the time.

    I am an avid fisherman and I usually only keep what I want to eat.

    If you read the story on this guy, he fishes this lake all the time. He enters tournaments. He said that he felt this 25 pound fish was the same fish he caught in a tournament a few years before that helped him win. It was 22 pounds at the time. I know quite a few people that tournament fish and hardly anyone keeps anything. The only time I have seen a tourney guy keep a fish is when he gut hooked it, and it was going to die.



    He had a video camera and a real camera during the weight process and so the video evidence is being reviewed. He stated he released it partly do to the fact that it was foul hooked, and he figured it wouldn't count on the record books. That is not the case though. You can foul hook a fish as long as it isn't intentional.

    I believe he will get the record.

    I agree with your post Del, i am a avid fisherman myself and alot of the lakes in the boundary waters where i fish are catch and release lakes. Cant even use live bait in them, last year for opener my brother caught a 17 1/2 inch brook trout, which would of been a nice fish to put on the wall but a couple years ago the dnr stopped letting you keep anything from the lake. But it is just like fishing in any lake, most people i know will only keep what they are eating or mounting. Its a good way to presearve the lake and i wish more people would consider the catch and release program.

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    He probably would have kept it to mount, but from his history on the lake and the fact he tourney fishes there I think he would rather put it back and try to catch it again later.

    I caught a 22 pond channel cat out of a pond by my house. I released it and the next night I went there after work with my son and some 11 year old boy caught the same damn fish.....you should of seen how happy he was. His dad was damn near crying lol.

    That was funner for me then the day before when I caught the ugly thing.

  4. #14
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

    That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.
    I release fish all the time.

    I am an avid fisherman and I usually only keep what I want to eat.

    If you read the story on this guy, he fishes this lake all the time. He enters tournaments. He said that he felt this 25 pound fish was the same fish he caught in a tournament a few years before that helped him win. It was 22 pounds at the time. I know quite a few people that tournament fish and hardly anyone keeps anything. The only time I have seen a tourney guy keep a fish is when he gut hooked it, and it was going to die.



    He had a video camera and a real camera during the weight process and so the video evidence is being reviewed. He stated he released it partly do to the fact that it was foul hooked, and he figured it wouldn't count on the record books. That is not the case though. You can foul hook a fish as long as it isn't intentional.

    I believe he will get the record.


    I will take your word for it Del. I am not into fishing, but I believe if I ever caught something like that, I would for sure have it on my wall. If he tossed that one back, I would love to see what he has on display at home..

  5. #15
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    Its nice to see a little kid catch the big fish, that is something he will cherish for his lifetime. And the story only gets better as life goes on.

  6. #16
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

    That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.
    I release fish all the time.

    I am an avid fisherman and I usually only keep what I want to eat.

    If you read the story on this guy, he fishes this lake all the time. He enters tournaments. He said that he felt this 25 pound fish was the same fish he caught in a tournament a few years before that helped him win. It was 22 pounds at the time. I know quite a few people that tournament fish and hardly anyone keeps anything. The only time I have seen a tourney guy keep a fish is when he gut hooked it, and it was going to die.



    He had a video camera and a real camera during the weight process and so the video evidence is being reviewed. He stated he released it partly do to the fact that it was foul hooked, and he figured it wouldn't count on the record books. That is not the case though. You can foul hook a fish as long as it isn't intentional.

    I believe he will get the record.


    I will take your word for it Del. I am not into fishing, but I believe if I ever caught something like that, I would for sure have it on my wall. If he tossed that one back, I would love to see what he has on display at home..
    Probably pictures.

  7. #17
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "adamv" wrote:
    That fish is no McKinnie, not even a P Williams...possibly a Birk though.
    this however is a McKinnie
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/


    Now how in hell would you catch that thing? With a dam shark hook.. That ain't no fish, that is the boat you fish in.. :grin:

  8. #18
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

    That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.
    I release fish all the time.

    I am an avid fisherman and I usually only keep what I want to eat.

    If you read the story on this guy, he fishes this lake all the time. He enters tournaments. He said that he felt this 25 pound fish was the same fish he caught in a tournament a few years before that helped him win. It was 22 pounds at the time. I know quite a few people that tournament fish and hardly anyone keeps anything. The only time I have seen a tourney guy keep a fish is when he gut hooked it, and it was going to die.



    He had a video camera and a real camera during the weight process and so the video evidence is being reviewed. He stated he released it partly do to the fact that it was foul hooked, and he figured it wouldn't count on the record books. That is not the case though. You can foul hook a fish as long as it isn't intentional.

    I believe he will get the record.


    I will take your word for it Del. I am not into fishing, but I believe if I ever caught something like that, I would for sure have it on my wall. If he tossed that one back, I would love to see what he has on display at home..
    Probably pictures.

    LOL. You are probably right..

  9. #19
    ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    406

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    Nice Pic

  10. #20
    adamv is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "adamv" wrote:
    That fish is no McKinnie, not even a P Williams...possibly a Birk though.
    this however is a McKinnie
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/
    are you sure that's not phat pat?
    lol just thinking bout that gave me a perma-grin.


    Now how in hell would you catch that thing? With a dam shark hook.. That ain't no fish, that is the boat you fish in..
    If i remember right I think they netted it in like 5 ft water last summer. Then after they caught NG wanted to release it but it died b4 they could so the village ate catfish for some indefinite period.
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Bryant McKinnie
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
  2. Bryant McKinnie
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
  3. Bryant Mckinnie
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
  4. Bryant McKinnie
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •