Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

CARLSBAD, Calif. — A Southern California man has a fish tale which, if true, could give him one of angling's most cherished records.
    Mac Weakley said he caught a 25.1-pound largemouth bass on Monday at Dixon Lake in San Diego County. After weighing it on a hand-held digital scale, he released it.

Weakley plans to pursue the record, even though the fish was foul-hooked, meaning the hook lodged in the fish's body, not its mouth. He said it wasn't snagged intentionally.

Jason Schratwieser of the International Game Fish Association said the group would consider the fish as a world record.

The biggest bass on record weighed 22 pounds, 4 ounces. It was caught in 1932 by George W. Perry at Georgia's Montgomery Lake.

http://www.startribune.com/531/story/322161.html

damn saw it on SC last nite

SharperImage42

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: If Bryant Mckinnie was a fish, this would be him

Hilarious Title!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Great scott! That thing is huge! I don't even think I'd be able to reel it into the boat!

This could also be acceptable based on allegations regarding his activities with the strippers on the Love Boat:
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

LMFAOO

SharperImage42

Del Rio Guest

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    BS, What fishermen would release a 25lb Large Mouth Bass? Ask Ned if he would release that fish. I bet you he would not release that fish. If I caught that fish, that dam thing would be right over my couch and with a mirror on the other side of the room so I could look at it while watching tv.

That has got to be some kind of hoax. I just don't see someone catching that large of a fish, especially one of a record size and letting it go. Look at the guys facial expression, he is acting like the fish weighs 100lbs. It was a 25lb fish, not a dam car. I smell something "FISHY" about all this.
    I release fish all the time.

I am an avid fisherman and I usually only keep what I want to eat.

If you read the story on this guy, he fishes this lake all the time. He enters tournaments. He said that he felt this 25 pound fish was the same fish he caught in a tournament a few years before that helped him win. It was 22 pounds at the time. I know quite a few people that tournament fish and hardly anyone keeps anything. The only time I have seen a tourney guy keep a fish is when he gut hooked it, and it was going to die.

He had a video camera and a real camera during the weight process and so the video evidence is being reviewed. He stated he released it partly do to the fact that it was foul hooked, and he figured it wouldn't count on the record books. That is not the case though. You can foul hook a fish as long as it isn't intentional.

I believe he will get the record.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

There is no way in hell that he caught that fish in Dixon lake, I live 5 miles from their.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Del Rio Guest

He caught a 22 pounder on the same lake during a tourney! LOL It is documented.

Next time you go swimming in Dixon lake make sure your worm is secure and well hidden.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/news/story?page=f_fea_bass_CA_21.7lbs_030530

adamv is offline Rookie

That fish is no McKinnie, not even a P Williams...possibly a Birk though.
    this however is a McKinnie
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast