Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This is the stupidest thing ever

Eliminating tackling will help player safety, might as well do that.

Kickoff has been around since the beginning. getting rid of it will change everything.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Pretty soon it will just be a pass, punt, and kick contest.

Goodell is an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Personally, I find that the forward pass is causing so many injuries, they should just remove it all together.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Goodell said. “I do things because they’re the right thing to do, because I love the game.”
    How does eliminating KO's, eliminating the ever exciting 'on side kick' & eliminating kick off returns even sound remotely like "the right thing to do"? It's far from the right thing to do.

The right thing to do might be to get rid of Goodell & let the football players play football. He already has defensive players getting fined huge dollars for what are legal hits, that seem illegal to refs on gameday.

Let them play the game as it was intended with the rules you have in place now regarding head to head hits. They know the risks when they play the game & it's one of the reason's they get paid as much as they do.

Rather than take the millions the NFL makes in fines alone & gives away to charity, Goodell should apply those funds to the concussion pool for players who've played in the past and have suffered concussions in a time where players made only thousands per year, rather than millions.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not in favor of it at all. The New York/New Orleans game Sunday should quiet that talk some. That was some of the most exciting returning I've seen in awhile. Plus, you simply cannot remove the onsides kick from the game.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Not in favor of it at all. The New York/New Orleans game Sunday should quiet that talk some. That was some of the most exciting returning I've seen in awhile. Plus, you simply cannot remove the onsides kick from the game.
    I have even a better idea. These fukers have changed the game so much already why not just make it a totally different game. You can't touch a qb. You change the rule to let the qb throw the ball away when out of the pocket but then you still let a qb slide down like a little girl when running. Receivers can't be touched after 5 yards as they run free in the secondary , except for the Vikings, knowing if you hti them hard a flag will come out for hitting a defenseless receiver. You've altered the game forever with these rules. 3 QBs last season throw for 5 thousand yards. What a joke. You fine defensive players all day long for playing the game while receivers ham it up after every catch. Godell wonders why defenders are trying to kill receivers and quarterbacks. What does he expect? They have taken the defensive game away from defenses all in the name of ratings. Of course defenders are going to get frustrated and try and tilt the balance some way. Knocking the snot out of them is their only way to defend by intimidating these free runners all day long.

So here's my solution to the next level of this arena league. Not only no kickoffs, but no field goals or punters. These pip squeak kickers decide games that real men play all day. Take it out of the equation. Punters like Kluwe the Twitter moral king can go to. Here's how it works. You flip the coin, the receiving team gets the ball at the 35 yard line. You have four downs to get a first down and if you don't the other team gets the ball at that spot. Godell wants excitement. Just think of it, no more punts on fourth down. You have to go for it on fourth down. It adds many more meaningful plays and excitement. The field position game takes on a whole new level. Imagine how much more exciting the games would be. Let's say the team that gets the ball to start drives down to the 1 yard line and is stopped on fourth and 1. The other teams gets the ball at the one and it's on them to create field positon and get some first downs. If they fail to get a first down the other team takes over. After every td the other teams gets the ball at the 35 and it just goes on from there. I'm not joking about this. The game has been so changed what the hell. It could be the most exciting thing out there and add even more to the popularity of the league. More scoring, less boring punts and kickoffs and less injuries with guys flying down the field like crazy men looking to knock someone out. Scoring would go through the roof and thats what Godell wants. No punters or kickers would really put the onus on playing defense and moving the ball on offense FOR FOUR DOWNS , not three and a punt. You don't move the ball out of your end and you pay for it... BUT THE BIG THING IS YOU WOULD THEN NEED TO PUT THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE... NO FIELD GOALS. I think it would make the NFL unbelievable to watch.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    worst idea ever.... i hope they do not change it. I would ruin football.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Goodell is quickly becoming the Bud Selig of football.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I have even a better idea. These fukers have changed the game so much already why not just make it a totally different game. You can't touch a qb. You change the rule to let the qb throw the ball away when out of the pocket but then you still let a qb slide down like a little girl when running. Receivers can't be touched after 5 yards as they run free in the secondary , except for the Vikings, knowing if you hti them hard a flag will come out for hitting a defenseless receiver. You've altered the game forever with these rules. 3 QBs last season throw for 5 thousand yards. What a joke. You fine defensive players all day long for playing the game while receivers ham it up after every catch. Godell wonders why defenders are trying to kill receivers and quarterbacks. What does he expect? They have taken the defensive game away from defenses all in the name of ratings. Of course defenders are going to get frustrated and try and tilt the balance some way. Knocking the snot out of them is their only way to defend by intimidating these free runners all day long.

So here's my solution to the next level of this arena league. Not only no kickoffs, but no field goals or punters. These pip squeak kickers decide games that real men play all day. Take it out of the equation. Punters like Kluwe the Twitter moral king can go to. Here's how it works. You flip the coin, the receiving team gets the ball at the 35 yard line. You have four downs to get a first down and if you don't the other team gets the ball at that spot. Godell wants excitement. Just think of it, no more punts on fourth down. You have to go for it on fourth down. It adds many more meaningful plays and excitement. The field position game takes on a whole new level. Imagine how much more exciting the games would be. Let's say the team that gets the ball to start drives down to the 1 yard line and is stopped on fourth and 1. The other teams gets the ball at the one and it's on them to create field positon and get some first downs. If they fail to get a first down the other team takes over. After every td the other teams gets the ball at the 35 and it just goes on from there. I'm not joking about this. The game has been so changed what the hell. It could be the most exciting thing out there and add even more to the popularity of the league. More scoring, less boring punts and kickoffs and less injuries with guys flying down the field like crazy men looking to knock someone out. Scoring would go through the roof and thats what Godell wants. No punters or kickers would really put the onus on playing defense and moving the ball on offense FOR FOUR DOWNS , not three and a punt. You don't move the ball out of your end and you pay for it... BUT THE BIG THING IS YOU WOULD THEN NEED TO PUT THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE... NO FIELD GOALS. I think it would make the NFL unbelievable to watch.
    Umm.... wanna pass me some of that Cheech?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast