Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Re: I do not think T.O. will ever find a new team!!

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    People like him.... (TO and Moss)....they can get your team to the playoffs, but they'll keep you from winning a superbowl.
    Playoffs > nothing. They also bring in money and provide more viewers usually.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

dopenose420 is offline Rookie

"midgensa" wrote:
    but if Philly thinks they dont want him or dont need him then they are completely whacky ...
    for all the good stats he had he didn't do anything to help the eagles do anything different than they had done the 3 years prior. they had been winning plenty before he came and they will continue to win after, and thats due to jimmy johnson and that defense.

they got over the hump w/o him, but lost the big one with him.

the eagles front office won't budge on this imo.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    I would like for someone on here to tell me which team, if they had the cap space would take him.
    i already said almost every team minus maybe detroit or indy would take TO in a heartbeat if the cap allowed it.

the guy comes to play every sunday, but like i said after a while the crap starts to mount and no matter how much money he's making your team from attendance and merch sales he won't be worth it.

i mean look at the pot shots he's taken at everyone in his career, got mooch run outta sf, called his qb g@y, cursed his o-cordinator out on national tv. now he's taking shots at mcnabb thru the media. he does more to hurt your team than the dozen or so tds he scores a year.

owens is just like bonds in that he needs the media just as much as he says he hates it. they both blame the media for twisting and manipulating them, but both of them don't realize there's two little words that save them the "hate" the media brings them.

"no comment"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The Eagles don't need T.O. in any way, shape or form. He will find that out eventually, for they will not renegotiate.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

If there are many teams in the league that would take on T.O., then why haven't I heard a peep about rumors and such? Why then did we trade Randy, if distractions are far less important then the players production, Randy would've retired in purple (he still may) as there is NO receiver in the history of the NFL with the numbers randy has produced over the first 7 years of his career. I was sooooo mad when Randy was traded, know all I can think abut is, was he a bigger problem then he was worth? I think Randy may end up shining on and off the field in Oakland as this is is second chance, I am just not so sure T.O. will get a 3rd chance. maybe if we still had Randy, there would be room for T.O. on 1 team in the league, the Oakland Rehab Raiders.

Also, I am absolutely in love with the Vikes D, wow I can't belive I just said that.

elitespanky is offline Waterboy

TO will end up on a team no one will trade for him because he is old. put week one he will be starting in the NFl

Hell, if he comes cheap, sign him to purple and gold. But have something in his contract that he is allowed no interviews.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    I would like for someone on here to tell me which team, if they had the cap space would take him.
    KC might take him, then he and Vermeil can cry together after the games.
    Or the Lion, since they love to take WRs... hell, they might try to play him at defense, who knows, someone has to be on the other side of the ball.

Honestly though, most teams WOULD take him, especially those lacking a true number one (Redskins, NYG, NYJ, KC). Coaches get caught up in their own egos, convincing themselves they can turn a guy around (kind of like shannahan drafting clarett this year), or owners get caught in up stats and think one guy can win them the ring (Philly getting TO, maybe?), forgetting football is a TEAM game.

I personally thought TO had rounded the character corner after his perfomance in the Super Bowl, but I guess once a rat, always a rat. Maybe he can call Latrell Sprewell and they can have family get-togethers so they can finally afford to feed their children...
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    If there are many teams in the league that would take on T.O., then why haven't I heard a peep about rumors and such? Why then did we trade Randy, if distractions are far less important then the players production, Randy would've retired in purple (he still may) as there is NO receiver in the history of the NFL with the numbers randy has produced over the first 7 years of his career. I was sooooo mad when Randy was traded, know all I can think abut is, was he a bigger problem then he was worth? I think Randy may end up shining on and off the field in Oakland as this is is second chance, I am just not so sure T.O. will get a 3rd chance. maybe if we still had Randy, there would be room for T.O. on 1 team in the league, the Oakland Rehab Raiders.

Also, I am absolutely in love with the Vikes D, wow I can't belive I just said that.
    there have been rumors, oakland was the rumor.

and the biggest reason why there are no trade rumors is cause no one really knows what will happen with this. its a wait and see. plus teams by now have gotten close to the cap limit, they can't afford to take on owens contract.

if owens pulled this feb 20th there would have been alot of rumors of trades, but where it sits teams have used up alot of their cap room. so they are waiting to see if owens will end up a june 1st cut.

owens does deserve a little better contract i'll admit, but to pull this just 1 year after he made a big deal about how much he wanted to be in philly and how all he wanted was to play with mcnabb, a REAL qb, you'd think he'd take a little less to the chance of winning a superbowl, but nope TO is a selfish arrogant athlete.

its one thing for a guy like j. walker or ed reed to hold out when they are playing under their rookie contracts and making like 350,000 a year (as if thats anything to b!tch and moan about) when they've proven to be worth much much more. but for owens a year after getting almost 9 million and making i belive almost 3 something this year is rediculous.

and if he wants to pout and b!tch, he has to remember he's the one who hired his agent who told owens it was a good deal, even though the players union said "don't sign that". he has no one but himself to blame.

Send him back to San Fran. or put him on a garbage team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast