Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huh

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Huh

Can you believe this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2852841

Losers

2. NFC North: The NFC North is a big loser with Adrian Peterson going to Minnesota. Peterson is angry he was bypassed by six teams, and as Larry Johnson proved over the past two seasons, an angry runner is a dangerous runner. Also, Peterson will be going up against three Cover 2-type defenses. Other than Chris Henry of Arizona, Peterson is the fastest running back in this draft. On the artificial turf in the Metrodome, he will appear to be even faster. Peterson slipped to No. 7 because he's 90 percent healed from a collarbone separation. He doesn't plan to have surgery to insert a plate, but if he does, he's going to be sidelined for only six weeks. Six games against him in the division could be very painful for opponents.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Huh

what the hell...where losers or the entire divisin i dont get it

I think there saying the rest of the NFC North are losers because they are each going to have to face Adrian Peterson twice a year, its kind of a stupid article though, why would this make them losers? i dont get it
    and so what if he was passed by 6 teams? its just 6

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"WINchester" wrote:
    I think there saying the rest of the NFC North are losers because they are each going to have to face Adrian Peterson twice a year, its kind of a stupid article though, why would this make them losers? i dont get it
    and so what if he was passed by 6 teams? its just 6
    Yeah I think thats what they are saying, and adrian is going to be mad he was picked 7th so he is going to go out and show he should of been picked earlier. So the NFC North is going to have face a very good RB twice this year, thats what I think its talking about.

I guess that makes sense now. I was really confused by that whole, thanks for clearing things up for me.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We're definitely winners so far.

I really liked that little read, if Peterson is playing with a chip on his shoulder he's going to rip it up all year.

Peterson, Rice, and McCauley are all tremendously talented guys, I'm pretty happy so far... but still wish we had take Jarrett over Rice.

A lot of people aren't liking the Rice pick, that is disappointing to me. I thought that was a great pick for us.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    A lot of people aren't liking the Rice pick, that is disappointing to me. I thought that was a great pick for us.
    I would have rather had Dwayne Jarret myself, but thats not saying I didn't like the Sidney Rice pick at all.
    IMO Dwayne Jarret is a more accomplished, polished and experianced reciever while Sidney Rice is a little less experianced, has alot to learn and is more of a project with very high potential.
    But I grade the draft so far as an A

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

:-\ We all knew Green Bay were losers even before the draft.

Detroit got Calvin Johnson, so I can't consider them losers.........at least for yesterday.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the tandem wideouts of Johnson and Roy Williams in Detroit. Along with Kevin Jones running, those are some pretty damn good skill players. Wait, what am I saying! We OWN Detroit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast