Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

How the NFL screwed up the schedule

Schein's Nine: Ranting on the '09 NFL schedule

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9459034/Schein's-Nine:-Ranting-on-the-'09-NFL-schedule?MSNHPHMA

Re: How the NFL screwed up the schedule

WTF

Come on give us some credit

Chicago got a whopping five games on national television. FOX gets the short end on that one, with the league picking five Bears games that involve NFC teams (Green Bay on NBC in Week 1, Atlanta on NBC in Week 6, San Francisco on the NFLN in Week 10, Philly on SNF in Week 11, [size=10pt][size=10pt]and [size=10pt][size=10pt]a[/size][/size] MNF game on ESPN in the final week of the season).[/size][/size]

(and get your week right)

Dec. 28 MINNESOTA, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
    Jan. 3 at Detroit, noon, Fox-32
    SKOL VIKINGS

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

As usual, Adam Schein said a lot but really didn't say anything... Putz.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I for one HATE IT when the Vikes get "Monday Night" games, "Thanksgiving" Games etc.

Firm believer that the team needs to get into a schedule/rhythm and not deviate from it.
    Long story short, games of that nature equate to short weeks and added pressure that isn't needed by anyone.

This article breaks it down better than any of them I read today.....

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...39124/14517445

By the way............A little snippet from the article that kindof shoots the League is against us "Conspiracy theories " crap all to shit........ ;D

MINNESOTA: Not only do they not play a Thursday game all year, and not only do they have a Week 9 bye, but the Vikings landed a three-game home stand against the Lions, Seahawks and Bears Weeks 10-12! And that precedes a road game at Arizona and a homer against Cincy. And they play 11 dome games this season!! Someone in the NFL office wants Adrian Peterson to be the league MVP ...oh, and they open at Cleveland, at Detroit, vs. San Francisco, vs. Green Bay and at St. Louis. Peterson should be an absolute MONSTER.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I for one HATE IT when the Vikes get "Monday Night" games, "Thanksgiving" Games etc.

Firm believer that the team needs to get into a schedule/rhythm and not deviate from it.
    Long story short, games of that nature equate to short weeks and added pressure that isn't needed by anyone.

By the way............A little snippet from the article that kindof shoots the League is against us "Conspiracy theories " crap all to shit........ ;D

MINNESOTA: Not only do they not play a Thursday game all year, and not only do they have a Week 9 bye, but the Vikings landed a three-game home stand against the Lions, Seahawks and Bears Weeks 10-12! And that precedes a road game at Arizona and a homer against Cincy. And they play 11 dome games this season!! Someone in the NFL office wants Adrian Peterson to be the league MVP ...oh, and they open at Cleveland, at Detroit, vs. San Francisco, vs. Green Bay and at St. Louis. Peterson should be an absolute MONSTER.
    It's about time they do us a favor. I'm sure this nice schedule only means we'll get screwed more times than usual in the season.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

It's about time they do us a favor. I'm sure this nice schedule only means we'll get screwed more times than usual in the season.

Ha, so true...the fines this year are going to be awesome.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

By the way............A little snippet from the article that kindof shoots the League is against us "Conspiracy theories " crap all to pooh........ ;D

Nice article!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

You do have quite a favorable schedule indeed, looking at run defense. Alot can still happen though, but it looks good at this point. I asume that this is the year that Peterson joins Ahman Green in the 1800 yards group. If he stays healthy, ofcourse.

Am I missing something about the fines and getting screwed over? Is there some secret anti-Vikings conspiracy going on with the refs? Because I'd like to join in on that and say we got called for holding way to often.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

By the way............A little snippet from the article that kindof shoots the League is against us "Conspiracy theories " crap all to pooh........ ;D

Have I ever told you that you crack me up?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    You do have quite a favorable schedule indeed, looking at run defense. Alot can still happen though, but it looks good at this point. I asume that this is the year that Peterson joins Ahman Green in the 1800 yards group. If he stays healthy, ofcourse.

Am I missing something about the fines and getting screwed over? Is there some secret anti-Vikings conspiracy going on with the refs? Because I'd like to join in on that and say we got called for holding way to often.
    Don't listen to them Molder.
    If it isn't the refs screwing us over because of bad calls it the commish taking a few bucks from a DE for hitting a PUKE GREEN QB to hard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast