Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Prophet Guest

    How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    Click here for article. Daunte's picture graces the beginning of the article.

  2. #2
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    The most annoying sport IMO is NBA basketball.

    That is I should say the most annoying sport I watch. I would probably find professional bowling annoying if I watched it.

    The NFL is a close #2 IMO to the NBA, mostly because they have changed the face of the game for cash, consistantly nurturing the offense. So has the NBA that is why I hold them #1.

  3. #3
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    I've never heard some of these stories...is he claiming that there has been a lot of media coverage on ALL of them? You can find crap like that about any sport if you dig deep enough. Sounds like this guy is just looking for something to gripe about.

    And what's wrong with people celebrating and admiring the sport? Is it "lame" if it's mainstream? If you don't like excessive media coverage, you can always ignore it and let other people pay attention. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean they shouldn't cover it. I think it's perfectly fine that people learn as much information as they want to know, as long as it's not overly inclusive or if it's too much of a B.S. story. The only true things he said were things that everyone already knew. Very original, Hemingway. The disturbing thing is that this guy thinks he's actually funny.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  4. #4
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    I think in a nut shell he is saying it is the most annoying because it simply does not go away like it used too.

    That it is garnering as much attention if not MORE in the offseason now as it does while it is being played.

  5. #5
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    I think we already knew THAT part, though. But I don't think it was very professional of him to extend the list as far as he did. It included some extremely obscure happenings (i.e. Randy Moss's agent) that I, for one, have never heard about, and I don't think that those few examples qualify as overexposure because they weren't exposed, period. He just added them on to pad his list and make his argument look impressive. I also saw the mini-articles and letters he answered afterwards. I smiled a couple of times at his quips, but judging from the fact that all the mail he was answering was hate mail (one of which was a very interesting and justifiable one about a 29-year-old like Michael Silver classifying who's a dynasty and who isn't), he seems like a self-absorbed jack@ss.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    I think we already knew THAT part, though. But I don't think it was very professional of him to extend the list as far as he did. It included some extremely obscure happenings (i.e. Randy Moss's agent) that I, for one, have never heard about, and I don't think that those few examples qualify as overexposure because they weren't exposed, period. He just added them on to pad his list and make his argument look impressive. I also saw the mini-articles and letters he answered afterwards. I smiled a couple of times at his quips, but judging from the fact that all the mail he was answering was hate mail (one of which was a very interesting and justifiable one about a 29-year-old like Michael Silver classifying who's a dynasty and who isn't), he seems like a self-absorbed jack@ss.
    I didn't bother reading that far, but if the news about Randy Moss's agent was that he is a druggie, then all I can say is it is far from obscure. I had to listen to that crap on ESPN last week 2 days straight and there is even a post here about it. http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20095&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

    He may be a self-absorbed Jackass, I don't go to SI enough to read much of his stuff.

  7. #7
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,457

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think in a nut shell he is saying it is the most annoying because it simply does not go away like it used too.

    That it is garnering as much attention if not MORE in the offseason now as it does while it is being played.
    It doesn't go away because guys like him keep writing about it in order to justify their employment. LOL Its the same reason that Paris Hilton doesn't go away. :wink:

    WWBGD

  8. #8
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    Just another sports writer that no one pays attention to, trying to make a name for himself by sensationalizing something that really doesn't exist.

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  9. #9
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    I think we already knew THAT part, though. But I don't think it was very professional of him to extend the list as far as he did. It included some extremely obscure happenings (i.e. Randy Moss's agent) that I, for one, have never heard about, and I don't think that those few examples qualify as overexposure because they weren't exposed, period. He just added them on to pad his list and make his argument look impressive. I also saw the mini-articles and letters he answered afterwards. I smiled a couple of times at his quips, but judging from the fact that all the mail he was answering was hate mail (one of which was a very interesting and justifiable one about a 29-year-old like Michael Silver classifying who's a dynasty and who isn't), he seems like a self-absorbed jack@ss.
    I didn't bother reading that far, but if the news about Randy Moss's agent was that he is a druggie, then all I can say is it is far from obscure. I had to listen to that crap on ESPN last week 2 days straight and there is even a post here about it. http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20095&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

    He may be a self-absorbed j~~~~~~s, I don't go to SI enough to read much of his stuff.
    Whoops. I don't have cable, so I didn't hear anything about it. ops:


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  10. #10
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: How NFL football grew into the most annoying sport

    "RK." wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think in a nut shell he is saying it is the most annoying because it simply does not go away like it used too.

    That it is garnering as much attention if not MORE in the offseason now as it does while it is being played.
    It doesn't go away because guys like him keep writing about it in order to justify their employment. LOL Its the same reason that Paris Hilton doesn't go away. :wink:
    You definately have a point.

    I think however and of course I have no proof...that the NFL is tapping into a market most sports don't think of. They endorse some level of drama and make money off of it in the offseason.

    Look at the NFL draft.....10 years ago it was off the radar, today it is anticipated, people watch it and the networks turn it into a tiny superbowl with endorsements and the whole shebang. I wouldn't be surprised to see some singers between rounds one and two this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress says Jackson grew while watching
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
  2. Very Annoying!!
    By nzviking in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 06:09 AM
  3. Football is a contact sport
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 01:32 AM
  4. so annoying!
    By MaddenVodkaAddict in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 05:58 AM
  5. Pitt. Fans:Most annoying in football?
    By LuckyVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •