Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: How Many Games Until T-Jack Is Benched In Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1105994
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105992
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105985
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105948
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105915
    Tarvaris Jackson is not a good NFL quarterback.

Anybody disagree?
    Nope
    That's the funny thing about this whole argument. I think both the haters and sniffers can probably agree with that simple statement. The problem is the haters make him out worse than he really is and in order to rush to his defense the sniffers come off like he's a victimized Joe Montana.
    Hate, sniff, defend, protect.

Its football discussion site for goodness sake. Not a national debate symposium. :P :P :P
    Since we've got you here Marrdro, do you think that TJ is a good NFL QB at this moment? Not potential, but right now.
    I have a beer bet on it my friend.

Do I think he is without flaws? No, but I do think that like any QB in this league (except for about 5 or 6) he is more than capable enough to get the job done if the OL will allow him to do it.

I know its hard for some to understand, but I bet that Charlie would have had the same issues TJ had last week if he would have started.

Our backup DLmen basically 4 fronted their OL and made them look stupid doing it.

On a side note, I sure in the hell hope that last comment is something we will see from our DL all year long but still worry about a bit. TJ as 2 rooks on his right side, a backup LT and a new C trying to gel with limited hitting time.

Most will start with the "Excuses excuses" stuff, but if they really really looked at it from a "Football" prespective instead of looking to see if I am making excuses, they will agree to some extent.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Put it this way.

Webb is already better than TJ in many respects as a QB and he is 3rd on the depth chart and has not been handed anything.

At least when things break down he looks for opportunities and makes things happen instead of shutting down and going into his shell.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106008
    Put it this way.

Webb is already better than TJ in many respects as a QB and he is 3rd on the depth chart and has not been handed anything.

At least when things break down he looks for opportunities and makes things happen instead of shutting down and going into his shell.
    I tend to agree with you on that one point.

For some reason it seemed that the Chiller/Coach Rogers seemed to try to keep TJ from running, almost to the point it seemed to cause him a bit of hesitation on what he should do.

It does appear that Musgrove/Coach Johnson seem to encourage them to move it with their legs a bit. My guess, its why he was selected to coach the QB's. He seemed to do OK with VY when he was with Tn.

One thing to watch, that we aren't seeing so far in pre-season games, is will defenses be able to keep the intense pressure up for 4 full quarters against that young OL (Speaking of the Seachickens) or will they wear down a bit allowing the OL to settle in as well.

Can't imagine what those two rooks on the right side are feeling like right about now. A good sign is no one on that team is throwing anyone under the bus right now.

Maybe Caroll will get it right this time. I always wonder what it would have been like if they would have tapped him instead of Denny.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Anybody disagree?
    Nope
    That's the funny thing about this whole argument. I think both the haters and sniffers can probably agree with that simple statement. The problem is the haters make him out worse than he really is and in order to rush to his defense the sniffers come off like he's a victimized Joe Montana.

Its football discussion site for goodness sake. Not a national debate symposium. :P :P :P
    Could have fooled me based on some of the posts on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106022

Anybody disagree?
    Nope

....snicker.....We've been doing pretty good today. Had several good discussions going on and no one calling anyone nasty names. :P

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106026

Anybody disagree?
    Nope

....snicker.....We've been doing pretty good today. Had several good discussions going on and no one calling anyone nasty names. :P
    Ultra is my bitch.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1106028
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106026

Anybody disagree?
    Nope

Ultra is my bitch.

=Z=
    Can't everyone say that? Good thing about him is he buys beers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106015
    Put it this way.

For some reason it seemed that the Chiller/Coach Rogers seemed to try to keep TJ from running, almost to the point it seemed to cause him a bit of hesitation on what he should do.

It does appear that Musgrove/Coach Johnson seem to encourage them to move it with their legs a bit. My guess, its why he was selected to coach the QB's. He seemed to do OK with VY when he was with Tn.

One thing to watch, that we aren't seeing so far in pre-season games, is will defenses be able to keep the intense pressure up for 4 full quarters against that young OL (Speaking of the Seachickens) or will they wear down a bit allowing the OL to settle in as well.

Can't imagine what those two rooks on the right side are feeling like right about now. A good sign is no one on that team is throwing anyone under the bus right now.

Maybe Caroll will get it right this time. I always wonder what it would have been like if they would have tapped him instead of Denny.
    I actually wasn't talking about the webb moving the ball with his legs.

I was talking about him moving in the pocket but keeping his eyes down the field looking for a WR or RB to break free and getting the ball to them. TJ OTOH uses his legs to run rather than to buy time and try to take a shot down the field. That is my biggest issue with him.

It would be interesting to see even Webb behind the Seachickens OL. he might make a few posters rework their theory on the quality of the OL when he actually completes a few passes down the field to Mr Rice. That would make for a sure fire 20 page discussion complete with shifts and backtracks.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106039
    Put it this way.

I was talking about him moving in the pocket but keeping his eyes down the field looking for a WR or RB to break free and getting the ball to them. TJ OTOH uses his legs to run rather than to buy time and try to take a shot down the field. That is my biggest issue with him.
    I missed that part. Sorry for the confusion.

It would be interesting to see even Webb behind the Seachickens OL. he might make a few posters rework their theory on the quality of the OL when he actually completes a few passes down the field to Mr Rice. That would make for a sure fire 20 page discussion complete with shifts and backtracks.
    Quick question, wouldn't Rice (and the rest of the starting WR's) have to be on the field for that to happen? So far I think his (their) appearances have been pretty limited.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106043
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106039
    Put it this way.

I missed that part. Sorry for the confusion.

Quick question, wouldn't Rice (and the rest of the starting WR's) have to be on the field for that to happen? So far I think his (their) appearances have been pretty limited.
    My guess is bevell doesn't see the point in running rice out there and taking the risk of him getting injured yet again since TJ isn't going to be able to hit him deep anyway and he is waiting for Whitehurst to get up to speed before he starts to get him more involved so there is at least a small chance of getting him the ball.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123