Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Many Fans Care About What Other Teams Are Doing

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.
    fricken panic in the offseason is due, in a big part, to morons that do not have a semblance of a clue regarding the NFL happenings.
    My favorites are the ones who believe the sky is falling due to a team's lack of activity in free agency. Not every free agent is a good pickup. Some of them are free agents for a reason.
    As I said in my original post, I did a test.
    I went ahead and put in all kinds of news articles, blogs, etc to see how much interest they garnered.

To my suprise, it was minimal at best.
    Much like the numerous times I've posted the link to FA activity by all teams, very few pay attention to what is really going on is my assesment.

Kindof equates to what Proph is saying......
    There's flawed logic in your test (big surprise).

Those who pay attention to the other teams' FA activity likely aren't getting their news from PPO.
    So when they come across the superfluous stories posted here, there's no reason to comment - or even open the thread - since they have already processed the information.

=Z=
    That's the other side of the story.
    Some don't read because they don't care, others have already read all the happenings around the league and don't care to read what a 15 yr. old wearing a moss jersey has to say about it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=51029.msg923689#msg923689 date=1237381477]
    Ain't that the truth.
    fricken panic in the offseason is due, in a big part, to morons that do not have a semblance of a clue regarding the NFL happenings.
    My favorites are the ones who believe the sky is falling due to a team's lack of activity in free agency. Not every free agent is a good pickup. Some of them are free agents for a reason.
    I'd pay more attention to what yer saying, dude, if that avatar weren't so fricken disturbing.

Aren't you one of the guys who came to our tailgate for the playoff game?
    Lol. I don't know why, but my avatar cracks me up something fierce.
    My wife and I drove up there from Chicago. Somehow, this site got cleared from my bookmarks here at work and I completely forgot about it. All the people we met up there were awesome, so I wanted to get back in touch and post here more often. I promised some of you that I would meet up with you at the Chicago game this year, and that I'd wear purple.
    That's right.
    You're the guy with the hot wife.

Send her next time.
    Alone.
    Ha, I'll take that as a compliment. I still have to work out her football loyalties. If you talked to her much, you would find she roots for the Titans.
    [/quote]

Do you recall where you posted your tailgate pics?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Sidewindor is offline Rookie

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Sidewindor link=topic=51029.msg923700#msg923700 date=1237382101]
    Ain't that the truth.
    I'd pay more attention to what yer saying, dude, if that avatar weren't so fricken disturbing.

Aren't you one of the guys who came to our tailgate for the playoff game?
    Lol. I don't know why, but my avatar cracks me up something fierce.
    My wife and I drove up there from Chicago. Somehow, this site got cleared from my bookmarks here at work and I completely forgot about it. All the people we met up there were awesome, so I wanted to get back in touch and post here more often. I promised some of you that I would meet up with you at the Chicago game this year, and that I'd wear purple.
    That's right.
    You're the guy with the hot wife.

Send her next time.
    Alone.
    Ha, I'll take that as a compliment. I still have to work out her football loyalties. If you talked to her much, you would find she roots for the Titans.
    [/quote]

Do you recall where you posted your tailgate pics?

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Yes I do. There were a ton of good pics, and the Eagles fan from Philly got some great ones too. (He was the one who brought the green jello shots that froze.)

"Its the name on the front of the jersey that matters most, not the one on the back." ~ Joe Paterno

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.
    I went ahead and put in all kinds of news articles, blogs, etc to see how much interest they garnered.

Much like the numerous times I've posted the link to FA activity by all teams, very few pay attention to what is really going on is my assesment.

Those who pay attention to the other teams' FA activity likely aren't getting their news from PPO.
    So when they come across the superfluous stories posted here, there's no reason to comment - or even open the thread - since they have already processed the information.

=Z=
    Some don't read because they don't care, others have already read all the happenings around the league and don't care to read what a 15 yr. old wearing a moss jersey has to say about it.
    And yet this thread is populated by a preponderance of posters who say they come here for thier info first..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sidewindor" wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.

And yet this thread is populated by a preponderance of posters who say they come here for thier info first..... :
    [/quote]

"Preponderance of posters" !!!

What online thesauraus did you use to come up with that one, Marty?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Pretty much anything Vikings related gets a link here, so if all you want if Vikes, here is where to go!
    Well, for that and the laughs...You Guys Soooo Funny!!! ;D

I'm such a football fan that I will actually go out of my way to study friend's teams from time to time, just so I can talk football!
    Up here in, "Colorado's Playground," people are from all over, so I can nearly always find a fan of any team if I have a question about a certain player (FA, trade, draft, whatever).

I'm becoming more and more a fan of the offseason...watching the moves, seeing trends on certain teams, kind of taking the fantasy football to another level and playing a bit of GM.
    The summer I broke my neck I had a lot of time on my hands, and that was when I started paying more attention to the whole of the NFL.
    Turns out, I won my league that year!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Pretty much anything Vikings related gets a link here, so if all you want if Vikes, here is where to go!
    Well, for that and the laughs...You Guys Soooo Funny!!! ;D

I'm such a football fan that I will actually go out of my way to study friend's teams from time to time, just so I can talk football!
    Up here in, "Colorado's Playground," people are from all over, so I can nearly always find a fan of any team if I have a question about a certain player (FA, trade, draft, whatever).

I'm becoming more and more a fan of the offseason...watching the moves, seeing trends on certain teams, kind of taking the fantasy football to another level and playing a bit of GM.
    The summer I broke my neck I had a lot of time on my hands, and that was when I started paying more attention to the whole of the NFL.
    Turns out, I won my league that year!
    LOL, seems the more I think I know about the game, the worse I do in things like Football Pools and FF Leagues... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I've been doing 1 league for around 10 years, and my second for 4 years now.
    I've given up on other people's rankings and actually make my own lists these days, with notes about competition, injury etc...
    I study not just the player, but the whole team, and try to guess who's gonna get the touches, whether theyv'e got the OL to help them out, the other WRs to spread coverage, etc, etc.

Of course, these lists are compared to many other lists, just in case I miss somebody or something.

Thing is though, no matter how prepared you are, there are always injuries, pissed off coaches, idiot players, suspensions, etc etc etc to throw the whole thing off.
    If you drafted Tom Brady in the first round last year, you probably didn't make the playoffs, but the year before he probably went in the 6th and scored over 200 points more than any other player!
    Go Figure!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345