Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

How Many Fans Care About What Other Teams Are Doing

I, for one, love the offseason and find it very interesting to watch what the other teams FO's do in thier efforts to make thier teams better.

I can't seem to get enough info this time of year and spend alot of my time scouring the net for anything related to personnel moves, scouting visits, trade rumors etc.

Anyway, I have fielded a few comments related to some of my stances as it pertains to past and present moves by this staff so as a experiment, I went ahead and flooded the forumns with some of the info I garnered from those types of environments to see how many people would show interest.

Much to my chagrin, it wasn't very much.

So, having said that, I thought a poll would be another interesting idea to see how much people paid attention to other teams.

By the way, there is no right or wrong answer.
    It is OK to just follow your team.
    Just thought this would be fun/interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: How Many Fans Care About What Other Teams Are Doing

I really enjoy all football related stuff, I get most my info about other teams from SportsCenter, never visit another teams web sites, just kinda realy on PPO for all my offseason happenings and speculations. I love college football, but you won't see mee making draft boards, and gathering stats.

So when singer post article's, Marrdro breaks down the draft, the many great posts by users, It sure makes it easy for me to get just enough football. 8)

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I really enjoy all football related stuff, I get most my info about other teams from SportsCenter, never visit another teams web sites, just kinda realy on PPO for all my offseason happenings and speculations. I love college football, but you won't see mee making draft boards, and gathering stats.

So when singer post article's, Marrdro breaks down the draft, the many great posts by users, It sure makes it easy for me to get just enough football. 8)
    Excellent input.

I still go to alot of sites, however, since I found PPO (The ole Newshound is my hero) I come here first.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I like hearing about what other teams are doing, some obvioulsy more than others. Like PurpleTide, I don't really visit other teams' sites, but I hit up PPO, Daily Norseman (another Vikings' site I frequent), ESPN, maybe NFL.com and CBSportsline. I'll read the sports sections in some national papers, the occasional magazine I might find lying around at work. I used to subsribe to SI, but I don't get it anymore. Overall, PPO is a pretty darn good place to get my info.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

It's just that coming here is faster than going to NFL.com, ESPN, PFT, the Startribune, PioneerPress, Kfan, etc....

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    I like hearing about what other teams are doing, some obvioulsy more than others. Like PurpleTide, I don't really visit other teams' sites, but I hit up PPO, Daily Norseman (another Vikings' site I frequent), ESPN, maybe NFL.com and CBSportsline. I'll read the sports sections in some national papers, the occasional magazine I might find lying around at work. I used to subsribe to SI, but I don't get it anymore. Overall, PPO is a pretty darn good place to get my info.
    Excellent input my friend.

I agree, and in most cases it has info alot sooner than some of the other sites.....

On a side note, I wonder how big of an increase sites like this will have after most of the large papers go away at the end of the year?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent input My Sexy Little Pixie.

I agree, and in most cases it has info alot sooner than some of the other sites.....

On a side note, I wonder how big of an increase sites like this will have after most of the large papers go away at the end of the year?
    probably some, but most ppl either go to ESPN, or USA TODAY or some place like that... PPO is good, but unless your a vikes fan or a pack licker then you prob won't even know this site...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

probably some, but most ppl either go to ESPN, or USA TODAY or some place like that... PPO is good, but unless your a vikes fan or a pack licker then you prob won't even know this site...
    Hmmm, I am not so sure.
    I know my father in law as actively using google to find news related events that interested him last year when he visited.

Funny thing is, they have only had thier computer for 2 years.
    Even the older generation is finding it easier to find info on the net in some very creative ways.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Hmmm, I am not so sure.
    I know my father in law as actively using google to find news related events that interested him last year when he visited.

Funny thing is, they have only had thier computer for 2 years.
    Even the older generation is finding it easier to find info on the net in some very creative ways.
    True yes, google, but for a Pats fan to come to PPO to fine info i just dont' see it happeneing... even if we do have the best fan site out there... they would most likely go to the pats site...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

This is some of the most important time to pay attention to what other teams are doing.. gives you a bit of idea what they are thinking with the draft in mind.

Besides the games themselves, the draft is the most exciting two days of the season.. hell I enjoy it more than the Superbowl if the Packers aren't in it.

Other than that, I pay attention to the North.. well the Vikes and the Bears; the Lions have a couple years to go before they become a threat, lol.

So the answer to the general question for me.. yes, very much so.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast