Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

How I See It: NFC North Stock Watch

3. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions defensive tackle: Although he hasn't had a sack in three games, Suh continues to have a precedent-setting season. In an ESPN Insider piece this week, Vince Verhei of Football Outsiders suggests Suh is having the best rookie season of a defensive tackle in at least 13 years. Football Outsiders measures defensive tackles partly with a metric known as "defeats" -- the sum of plays that result in a loss of yardage, turnover and/or a stop on third or fourth down. Suh has 25 defeats this season, two more than Shaun Rogers had for the Lions in 2001. I think we all know Suh is having a great season, but this analysis helps us put it in some historical context.
    How I See It: NFC North Stock Watch

Hope the Vikes can find a "Suh" in this years draft. Kid is a pleasure (and a pain) to watch play the game.

Love the nasty he brings. Wish we had a few like him on the roster.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How I See It: NFC North Stock Watch

Suh is an incredible player. One of the best we have seen out of the draft to make an impact right away in a while. He should win rookie of the year?
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1085374
    Suh is an incredible player. One of the best we have seen out of the draft to make an impact right away in a while. He should win rookie of the year?
    Agree, almost......

There are several suprising rooks doing well out of that class.......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

So much for it being a crapshoot huh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085378
    Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

Wasn't this the draft the Vikings decided to move out of the first round rather than up? I think they thought some player on their draft board would fall to them, but it did not happen, and they did not have a good answer to it.

Nevertheless, it is difficult to grade the Vikings early draft at this point because of the learning curve and injuries. The latter half of the draft was wasted.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

I really like the first round when it happened. Some of them idiot picks (jags) but there is a ton of good players in that first round who are going to play for years. Just Suh is a beast and a well earned top defensive player.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1085445
    Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

Wasn't this the draft the Vikings decided to move out of the first round rather than up? I think they thought some player on their draft board would fall to them, but it did not happen, and they did not have a good answer to it.

Nevertheless, it is difficult to grade the Vikings early draft at this point because of the learning curve and injuries. The latter half of the draft was wasted.
    I gotta admit, right now the Vikes look pretty foolish when it comes to last years draft. They could have taken.......
    Patrick Robinson
    Rodger Saffold
    Brian Price (he eventually got hurt)
    Torrell Troup
    Rob Gronkowski
    Taylor Mays
    Carlos Dunlop
    Cody Terrence
    Pat Angerer
    Charles Brown

With those two picks and still got a RB later and they would have improved the team.

Don't get me wrong, Toby has helped and I like him, but so far Cook has done nothing but stay on the injured list and Asher has played better when they were both on the field anyways.

One of the guys I was pretty high on Javier Arenas would have been alot better selection and they could have landed Blount like Kevoncox said in the later rounds.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

Suh is handsdown Defensive Rookie of the Year IMO. Stats are one thing...Teams must account for my man Suh on virtually every play.

Suh is a very rare combination of responsible citizen, respectful man, and BEAST football player. I grew up in Western Nebraska and have been a 'Husker fan for as long as I've been a Viking fan. He has already given back millions to Nebraska, created an engineering scholarship program, and, a rare guy who passed up the money and came back for his senior year. When the kitties drafted him, I had mixed emotions, knowing that twice a year, one of my favorite college players of all time, would terrorize my Vikes for a dozen years or so.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1085492
    Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

Suh is handsdown Defensive Rookie of the Year IMO. Stats are one thing...Teams must account for my man Suh on virtually every play.

Suh is a very rare combination of responsible citizen, respectful man, and BEAST football player. I grew up in Western Nebraska and have been a 'Husker fan for as long as I've been a Viking fan. He has already given back millions to Nebraska, created an engineering scholarship program, and, a rare guy who passed up the money and came back for his senior year. When the kitties drafted him, I had mixed emotions, knowing that twice a year, one of my favorite college players of all time, would terrorize my Vikes for a dozen years or so.
    Great post.

On a side note. Don't be to hard on me my friend. I already have him and Clay Matthews in the same spreadsheet as the Noodle.

I think those two cats, along with Rodgers, will be breaking my heart for many years to come.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085474
    Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

I gotta admit, right now the Vikes look pretty foolish when it comes to last years draft. They could have taken.......
    Patrick Robinson
    Rodger Saffold
    Torrell Troup
    Rob Gronkowski
    Taylor Mays
    Carlos Dunlop
    Cody Terrence
    Pat Angerer
    Charles Brown

With those two picks and still got a RB later and they would have improved the team.

Don't get me wrong, Toby has helped and I like him, but so far Cook has done nothing but stay on the injured list and Asher has played better when they were both on the field anyways.

One of the guys I was pretty high on Javier Arenas would have been alot better selection and they could have landed Blount like Kevoncox said in the later rounds.
    Terrence Cody** :P

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1085701
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085474
    Agree, almost......

2010 NFL Draft Round 1

Patrick Robinson
    Rodger Saffold
    Torrell Troup
    Rob Gronkowski
    Taylor Mays
    Carlos Dunlop
    Cody Terrence
    Pat Angerer
    Charles Brown

Terrence Cody** :P
    I have not even heard that guys name all year! Is he even doing anything? LOL Didn't Marrdro want that guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast