Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: How are Eli Manning's comments different than those of T.O.?

Not as long as Peyton is still playing, but yeah, he looks like he's gonna be a good one.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How are Eli Manning's comments different than those of T

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Eli was ripped last year. What generally happens is people get ripped by the media when they do stuff like that, then people forget if they play well. Since T.O. seems to be saying/doing stuff like this on a weekly basis, people have a hard time forgetting.

So far Eli has had only 1 strike vs. 654 strikes for Owens.

That being said, I am not a fan of either of them,

Yup, that count is about right. I don't see this as a race issue at all. All I see is TO ranting on the sidelines to coaches and players...ripping teammates in the press. And when he has gone too far, he aplogizes to everyone that he dissed (coaches, McNabb, fellow players and the checkout girl at Starbucks) so he can get back to playing. I truly think he has a few screws loose (and a horrible agent).
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

its all about the family name. eli is a daddy's boy. do you think if alex smith did the same thing, the same results would have happened?
    We're bringing purple back.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Eli Manning said he would not play for the Chargers if they drafted him, essentialy coercing the team into trading him to the Giants. Its interesting to see how everyone is ripping TO for being self-righteous as well. I know Manning didn't quite receive the negetive press TO is getting right now. I realize these are not two completely parallel issues, but I thought it might make for some interesting discussion.

Any thoughts? Does this boil down to race (not to seem propagandaish)? or are these issues not completely parallel? Or is it because Eli is a Manning and well TO is TO? Or what? Thoughts?
    Regardless of the number of strikes, it does have a lot to do with TO's ethnicity. The media has a pattern of taking any possible opportunity to rip on successful persons of color. It's not the biggest aspect, but to say that it's not an aspect is to be completely blind.

The biggest aspect is that TO is a terd. He has a history of being a terd, and the media knows they can coax him into saying turdish things. So they do. The media is as much to blame for this as TO - but the media controls blame. Thus, nothing TO can say can stem the flood waters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

It could have something to do with race. I think even more so then that is his who his family is.

Archie and Peyton, they have a high standing in the NFL.

You can't really compare the two situations and try to apply the race card though. I mean you can barely even compare the situations trying to tie it into race is even further of a stretch.

If you think about it, if Mike Vick pulled the same thing how would the media react? Probably the same as they did with Eli. They were bashing the guy, but in sports winning could cure almost any ill. If Vick did the same thing he would have been blasted at first and then forgiven/forgotten when he started winning.

TO is continually causing grief. His antics are forgiven they have been in the past because he wins. Recently he hasn't given enough time between his spastic lashing out. So there is no cool down time and it has hurt him.

While there are issues with race in todays world, in modern athletics it is all about winning and money. If you get in the way of either of those things, your going to get thrown under the bus.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

both show a lack of character. Also, both showed a high degree of "self" and not team. It will be interesting to see what happens when things start not going the way Eli might like them to go. It may not be as obvious as TO, but his personality seems to have the ability to act the same.

Del Rio Guest

Eli didn't want to play in SD because his daddy said so.

BigBlue41_0 is offline Waterboy

"Rookie444" wrote:
    I HATE ELI MANNING. HE IS A *** AND SUCKS AT THE QB POSITION. HE GOT A 51% PASSING COMPLETION AND A 84.3 PASSER RATING. THE MEDIA IS MAKING HIM OUT TO BE SOMETHING HE JUST ISN'T AND WILL NEVER BE. HE IS TOO MUCH OF A gol 'darnit CRYBABY AND SD SHOULD'VE KEPT HIM AND BENCHED HIS jiggly butt THE WHOLE SEASON FOR TALKIN THAT pooh DURING THE DRAFT. THAT INSTANCE MADE ME HATE HIM PERMANENTLY. BEING A DRAFTEE, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO CHOICE IN WHAT TEAM YOU PLAY FOR. THAT WHAT MAKES COLLEGE COLLEGE AND THE NFL THE NFL. (CAPS IS ON FOR A REASON, I REALLY CAN'T STAND THIS ***)!

quaterback envy maybe? an above 50% completion above 80 qb rating over 10 TD's and a 6-2 record all before he has started a full seasons worth of game... if you cant recognize that as an accomplisment then you know nothing about football

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Eli Manning said he would not play for the Chargers if they drafted him, essentialy coercing the team into trading him to the Giants. Its interesting to see how everyone is ripping TO for being self-righteous as well. I know Manning didn't quite receive the negetive press TO is getting right now. I realize these are not two completely parallel issues, but I thought it might make for some interesting discussion.

Any thoughts? Does this boil down to race (not to seem propagandaish)? or are these issues not completely parallel? Or is it because Eli is a Manning and well TO is TO? Or what? Thoughts?
    Manning is a twonk.
    T.O. is a reckless, self absorbed expert in sabotage.
    Different leagues imho.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i agree with the fact that Eli did act like a whiner. he decided that he didn't want to play in SD so he said he'd hold out until they traded him which is pretty crappy. he should have played the hand he was dealt and went to SD. before you know it all the players will start pulling this crap and then we won't even have a draft, it'll just be where you wanna play, ok here's the team you want.

he is a good QB which is why nobody makes a big deal out what he did last year anymore.

Thanks Josdin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast