Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hovan leaving

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Hovan leaving

I honestly never liked the guy.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Chris who?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I hope he does ok.. I like the guy.. In my eyes it's, Once a Vike always a Vike to me.. I hope he doesn't make a big impact or anything but hope he does ok

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

he could do good after week one

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

who is chris hovan?..hes a bumb..a BUST..flat out teased us with that amazing season earlier in his career..then just got outworked, and dominated by crappy o-lineman..he went from a guy that was constantly double teamed, to a guy who couldnt beat anybody one on one to get any pressure on the qb..he talked so much crap about favre, then never backed it up, i thought that was embarrassing..now i hate favre, but come on, uve gotta deliver when u make statements like he did..its okay tho, im sure K-Will can get the job done for him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

that is all true but i do think he has a lil left in his tank itll be crazy if he produces for his new team
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Chris Hovan was not a bad pick. He showed great potential and had a great season his first year. His second wasn't bad either. After that he was double and triple teamed and somewhere along the line I have no idea what happened to his talent. He did become a non-factor the last 2 seasons. It doesn't mean it was a bad pick. Just a pick that didn't work out like we wanted it to. Now, Demetrious Underwood was a bad pick. It's ashame we wasted that pick for Brad Johnson. People can say what they want about Johnson. The fact is he has a superbowl ring. I hated that trade from the beginning.

Anyway, back to Hovan. I am glad to see him gone because now we have 3 solid starters and 1 rookie with awesome potential. I do wish him well but I am glad he's gone.

He never had A good season , he put his name in the mix by trash talking farve. Now look how dumb he looks because he never got a sack on the guy. Bye hovan, hope sept.11 is the last time you are ever in MN
    You republican whore!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

His first three seasons he averaged 47 tackles a year. Not too shabby for being a lineman and getting double and triple teamed every single play. Granted, he has not lived to his potential. I think we all agree on that but you can't say he didn't have any good years. Give me a break. It doesn't help when they didn't have any other decent lineman playing next to him.

Whether he had a sack on Favre or not, he still pressured him often. That's as important. Again, I personally think he is not as good as the players we have now and his talent has declined. The bottom line he did play well for a couple of years. You can't judge someone on just stats. There are other variables. Who did he playing on the line with him? How many deflected passes did he have? How many times was he double and triple teamed and sill made tackles and hurried the QB?

SamDawg84 Guest

i am sure he will have a good season in tampa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast