Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Hottest team in the playoffs

Interesting look at what analysts predicted at the beginning of the season.
    Peter King and Kevin Seifert were the worst. Each only predicted 1 division winner out of 8(Chargers).
    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/01/07/media-accuracy-rankings-for-nfl-season-predictions/

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I think the problem with the pundits is they predetermine who wins because they like or dislike a team. Then they find film to back up their argument. I think that if they arbitrarily look at teams they might be a little more accurate. A good example would be Dilfer, I don't think he likes the Vikes so he finds reasons why the opponent will win.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

tarkenton10 wrote:
    I think the problem with the pundits is they predetermine who wins because they like or dislike a team. Then they find film to back up their argument. I think that if they arbitrarily look at teams they might be a little more accurate. A good example would be Dilfer, I don't think he likes the Vikes so he finds reasons why the opponent will win.
    I think there is a lot to that. Dilfer is just a complete joke, but at least he admits it and he does seem to have a particular bug up his ass when it come to the Vikings.

A lot of these breakdown and analyst shows seem to want have one guy champion each side of a matchup and try to give a compelling reason as to why. Its easy to come up with an argument once you've picked your team it just doesn't have much merit. Breaking down the game first without bias and then see who falls out isn't nearly as fun. Not sure a fan site concept would even work without bias.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12