Re: Horn excited about offense’s possibilities

yeah their O-line is kinda weak but they do have some great potential
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Prophet Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    I'll say it again and again and again. I don't believe their OL can block anyone before they show it. Then they can have all the skill players they want.
    Their o-line is suspect. Injury laden, but they have potential too, just like most team's lines.

Their depth chart for the 0-line:

ORT Jon Stinchcomb Jamar Nesbit Zach Strief
    ORG Jermane Mayberry Jahri Evans Augie Hoffman
    C Jeff Faine Dwayne Ledford Pascal Matla
    OLG Montrae Holland Jonathan Goodwin Chad Setterstrom
    OLT Jammal Brown Ben Archibald

Not that shabby really. I still think the biggest weaknesses on that team are the lack of stability due to Katrina and having Tom Benson as the owner.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Tharock" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Tharock" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharock
    brees isnt hat great he was looking good from gates and LT
    It's safe to assume that the Hassletless/Brooksless Saints will be better off. Brees just happens to be the recipient of a position where the expectations on a relative basis are quite low.
    dont sell brooks short that place is crap that team has done nothing but be the aints if a real place has the talent they had i see them winning.
    Brooks sold himself short. The Raiders are in for a long season if they think he's a saviour. Kerry Collins to Brooks...that's another story. Brooks has been and is a choker. Racks up his stats during garbage time. I've seen him play too much. I am confident when I say Brooks is backup material. Haslett, like I've said countless times before, was the only NFL coach that challenged Tice for being the most idiotic.

The Saints have been a pathetic franchise since their inception. They have won a playoff game during their existence. They have nowhere to go but up, and they have a reasonable shot at moving up the food chain within the next few years....if they get a stadium/home.

i think ive seen you on rf.net am i right?
    haslett was an idiot who couldnt put brooks in the right situations and dont see he racks up stats in garbage time hes a 4th quarter come back player who is only seocond to tom brady. well i dont even think brooks is back up matriel 27 tds come on look what daunte did with moss and he wasnt that great and we have better WR's then you did.
    Probably if you hang out there too. You can toss the statistics out for Brooks, dig into them deeper. I'll have to try to dig up an article I wrote where I broke down his stats a year or so ago on a Saints site. Brooks will and has consistently melted when the pressure is on him. What was his record as a starter? Last I checked it was a losing record. Sure, it's not all the QBs fault. I can just say that I've been to too many games where I saw him make horrible reads and throw the game away when the pressure was on.

As far as Daunte goes, I could care less. He had his ups and downs and I have no idea if he will excel or falter in Miami. My guess is that he will be average at best due to his insecurities.

What are the plans for the Raiders? I'm guessing that they plan on using Brooks as an interim QB, like the Vikings are doing with Johnson. Kerry Collins had all kinds of statistics that made him look good too. He' faltered with the Raiders which wasn't a big surprise. Expect the same from Brooks. I would be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong on this one, but I highly doubt it.

The Saints have reason to be optimistic this year. Tom Benson is still the owner, so that's a huge strike against them. At least they don't have Brooks and they don't have Haslett. That is enough of a reason to rejoice if you're a Saints fan.
    Too bad that the Saints didn't keep Jake Delhomme and ship Brooks to Carolina way back when! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Tharock" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Tharock" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharock
    It's safe to assume that the Hassletless/Brooksless Saints will be better off. Brees just happens to be the recipient of a position where the expectations on a relative basis are quite low.
    dont sell brooks short that place is crap that team has done nothing but be the aints if a real place has the talent they had i see them winning.
    Brooks sold himself short. The Raiders are in for a long season if they think he's a saviour. Kerry Collins to Brooks...that's another story. Brooks has been and is a choker. Racks up his stats during garbage time. I've seen him play too much. I am confident when I say Brooks is backup material. Haslett, like I've said countless times before, was the only NFL coach that challenged Tice for being the most idiotic.

The Saints have been a pathetic franchise since their inception. They have won a playoff game during their existence. They have nowhere to go but up, and they have a reasonable shot at moving up the food chain within the next few years....if they get a stadium/home.

i think ive seen you on rf.net am i right?
    haslett was an idiot who couldnt put brooks in the right situations and dont see he racks up stats in garbage time hes a 4th quarter come back player who is only seocond to tom brady. well i dont even think brooks is back up matriel 27 tds come on look what daunte did with moss and he wasnt that great and we have better WR's then you did.
    Probably if you hang out there too. You can toss the statistics out for Brooks, dig into them deeper. I'll have to try to dig up an article I wrote where I broke down his stats a year or so ago on a Saints site. Brooks will and has consistently melted when the pressure is on him. What was his record as a starter? Last I checked it was a losing record. Sure, it's not all the QBs fault. I can just say that I've been to too many games where I saw him make horrible reads and throw the game away when the pressure was on.

As far as Daunte goes, I could care less. He had his ups and downs and I have no idea if he will excel or falter in Miami. My guess is that he will be average at best due to his insecurities.

What are the plans for the Raiders? I'm guessing that they plan on using Brooks as an interim QB, like the Vikings are doing with Johnson. Kerry Collins had all kinds of statistics that made him look good too. He' faltered with the Raiders which wasn't a big surprise. Expect the same from Brooks. I would be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong on this one, but I highly doubt it.

The Saints have reason to be optimistic this year. Tom Benson is still the owner, so that's a huge strike against them. At least they don't have Brooks and they don't have Haslett. That is enough of a reason to rejoice if you're a Saints fan.
    Too bad that the Saints didn't keep Jake Delhomme and ship Brooks to Carolina way back when! :lol:
    No doubt, the Ragin' Cajun was a keeper. Rack that one up to Haslett's marriage to Brooks. A significant contributor to his demise (that and his lack of convolusions in the grey matter).

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I'll say it again and again and again. I don't believe their OL can block anyone before they show it. Then they can have all the skill players they want.
    Their o-line is suspect. Injury laden, but they have potential too, just like most team's lines.

Their depth chart for the 0-line:

ORT Jon Stinchcomb Jamar Nesbit Zach Strief
    ORG Jermane Mayberry Jahri Evans Augie Hoffman
    C Jeff Faine Dwayne Ledford Pascal Matla
    OLG Montrae Holland Jonathan Goodwin Chad Setterstrom
    OLT Jammal Brown Ben Archibald

Not that shabby really. I still think the biggest weaknesses on that team are the lack of stability due to Katrina and having Tom Benson as the owner.
    They do have some young talent, I'll agree on that. But there is not much quality veteran leadership.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

with the current NFL, you never really know. I hope the saints can do something so that entire area can have something to celebrate. Bush could be a moss type rookie we all know that. One person can change the game, moss and vick have already proven that. Its the NFL anything can happen.
    You republican whore!

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Tharock" wrote:
    brees will hold his own for sure he will have at least 2700 yards and 25 tds next year 4 sure

Hutch and K. Will baby

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    with the current NFL, you never really know. I hope the saints can do something so that entire area can have something to celebrate. Bush could be a moss type rookie we all know that. One person can change the game, moss and vick have already proven that. Its the NFL anything can happen.
    one person can change the game but it takes a team to win

Hutch and K. Will baby

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

it takes a team to win not just one person..what if bush is shut down or even the running game period..but i hope the best for the area

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Just like the Bengals, I won't believe it till I see it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast