Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Holmgren needs to clean house

Holmgren needs to clean house
    Marrdro's comment follows:
    Can't believe this isn't getting any attention on here. Can you imagine what he can do with 11 picks in the upcoming draft and some open coffers to selectively spend in FA.

I wonder what coachs could be on his short list........Mooch, Chucky? Gotta be someone that comes from his tree.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Holmgren needs to clean house

I think he will do a great job there

They really needed a change like this

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He will suck as will the team.

When the Browns spend big money, nothing good happens.

Plus, no decent FA's want to come here.

ultravikingfan wrote:

Wasn't that a planning assumption by most when the Chiller got here?

I actually think that he brings a bit of credibility to the staff that they haven't had for quite some time which should facilitate a better draw when it comes to quality FA's.

Bigger question is, will they use all of thier draft picks and start from scratch, trade a few and add a couple of select FA's, or go mostly with FA as he rebuilds the roster.

My guess is he will use the draft as well as a couple of FA's each year as the Vikes FO did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L wrote:
    I think he will do a great job there

They really needed a change like this
    Instant credibility.

I wonder how long he will give Mangenious in the rebuilding process, if any.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

I actually think that he brings a bit of credibility to the staff that they haven't had for quite some time which should facilitate a better draw when it comes to quality FA's.

Bigger question is, will they use all of thier draft picks and start from scratch, trade a few and add a couple of select FA's, or go mostly with FA as he rebuilds the roster.

My guess is he will use the draft as well as a couple of FA's each year as the Vikes FO did.
    You may think you know something about the Vikes.

But you sure know nothing about the atmosphere around Cleveland like I do. I here more about that team than the Vikes.

Point is, they blow and will continue to blow in my lifetime. They brought it the master of Baltimore Phil Savage. A lot of good that did. They brought in Crennel the Super Bowl caliber coach and genius. A lot of good that did.

They never make the right moves. The owner is a joke. Thinking you will spend big $$$ to make it right by hiring 1 guy? LOL! Holmgren is no Parcells.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

You may think you know something about the Vikes.

But you sure know nothing about the atmosphere around Cleveland like I do. I here more about that team than the Vikes.

Point is, they blow and will continue to blow in my lifetime. They brought it the master of Baltimore Phil Savage. A lot of good that did. They brought in Crennel the Super Bowl caliber coach and genius. A lot of good that did.

They never make the right moves. The owner is a joke. Thinking you will spend big $$$ to make it right by hiring 1 guy? LOL! Holmgren is no Parcells.
    I am well aware of your history/background/knowledge of the Browns my friend.

Still doesn't aleviate that they took a damn nice step into respectability.

Even though Holmgren is no Tuna, he still has a track record. I for one would throw Ricky boy under the bus in a heartbeat if it meant that he was gonna be our GM. (Yes Z I know we don't have a GM).

Think about it. Do you honestly think a cat like him, with his reputation, would take a job were he didn't think the owner was committed to being successfull?

Will he be successfull in his efforts? Not sure, time will tell, but I like the move nonetheless. Alot smarter move that making Mangenious the cat in power.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I thought they were going to tear it up with Crennel. I don't have much faith in the Walrus. Will be fun to see what happens to the team with him at the helm, but, I'm not expecting anything more than 0.500 hell.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    I thought they were going to tear it up with Crennel. I don't have much faith in the Walrus. Will be fun to see what happens to the team with him at the helm, but, I'm not expecting anything more than 0.500 hell.
    I don't think they will see instant success but the key is they have 11 draft picks to work with and alot of cash.

Packaged deals to move up and down in the draft.
    Packaged deals to get a Vet or two via trade.
    Big (probably a bit overpriced) deals for a couple three FA's to fill a couple of holes.

Browns fans will have to watch a team get gutted and rebuilt from scratch so that alone will mean inconsistency and losses, but most of us have seen how that can turn out as we've watched the Vikes organization do that with alot less to work with.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I don't think they will see instant success but the key is they have 11 draft picks to work with and alot of cash.

Packaged deals to move up and down in the draft.
    Packaged deals to get a Vet or two via trade.
    Big (probably a bit overpriced) deals for a couple three FA's to fill a couple of holes.

Browns fans will have to watch a team get gutted and rebuilt from scratch so that alone will mean inconsistency and losses, but most of us have seen how that can turn out as we've watched the Vikes organization do that with alot less to work with.
    Moronic owner. It's like giving the Ford family all the pieces of the puzzle and having the success of the Lions increase by leaps and bounds...an order of magnitude...from 0 wins to a couple. I would be surprised if the Browns rise from the ashes to do anything other than an occasional showing in the playoffs as a wildcard team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast